Play Date • Little Eddie and Little Dustin!

TW: mentions of drugs and self harm!
(Also, things between dustin and Eddie are STRICTLY platonic and SFW of course!!)

*****

Eddie let out a heavy sigh, one that left him almost completely breathless, as he plopped himself down on his bed

Eddie let out a heavy sigh, one that left him almost completely breathless, as he plopped himself down on his bed. It had been another agonizingly long day. Another day filled with too much noise, too many bright lights, too many questions he didn't know the answer to, leading to people laughing at him. High school was...rough. Maybe a bit more than rough.
He got held back not once, but twice after all. Fucking twice.

His outward persona was always happy...goofy...rebellious. So of course not even his closest friends knew how many tears were shed over a diploma he had yet to receive. They never saw how frustrated he got with himself over dumb tests. Or how often he'd beat himself up for not being able to pick up on things everyone else seemed to understand so easily.

He didn't skip class because he was "lazy". He didn't avoid his homework just because he thought it was useless. The truth is, he tried. He really did try. He just wasn't good enough. That's what he thought anyway. So, sometimes he just stopped trying. What was the point anyway?

"Stupid" he mumbled to himself. He took off one of his boots and tossed it across the room. "This is gonna be my year" he had said. Yeah right. What a fucking joke. When he took the other boot off he threw it this time, overcome with emotions. "Stupid!" He shouted. "So fucking stupid!" He grabbed at his hair as tears welled up in his eyes and dark thoughts started to buzz around in his head.

Useless!

freak!

failure!

That's all he'd ever be. Before he could stop himself, he was sobbing uncontrollably. He pulled at his hair even more and even hit himself on the head repeatedly. He threw himself down on his bed, burying himself in his pillow as he cried. He cried until his voice was hoarse and his eyes were bloodshot.

Wanting the pain to just leave him alone already, he sat up and slowly took out his pocket knife.
He opened it up, looking down at the blade, then at the old scars across his arm. He was about to put the knife to his skin when something fell, making a bump sound when it hit the floor. He jumped and whipped his head around to see that it was his back pack that had slid off the bed. A walky-talky peeked out from the open bag. Dustin had given it to him so they could keep in touch. He was sweet like that. Eddie smiled softly, then glanced back down at the knife in his hand.

No

Not this time.

Instead of harming himself anymore, he put the knife away, and walked over to his dresser for an alternative. A safe one. One that comforted him. He could already feel his mind becoming fuzzy anyway from impurely regressing. He opened up the top drawer and dug out a black pacifier, and his blankie. He took them back over to the bed and slowly slipped the paci into his mouth. He was instantly soothed and already started to calm down. He hugged his blankie tight and curled up in a ball on his bed.