You can be little • Little Billy, CG Max

Requested by @isabelle142644
Thank you for the request!

****

"Here puppy" Billy cooed at his stuffie

"Here puppy" Billy cooed at his stuffie. He held up a plastic cookie up to its mouth and made munching noises. He giggled around his pacifier and hugged his puppy close to his chest. Billy had regressed shortly after getting home from work, and while he was a little uncomfortable sitting in his day clothes, he was just happy to finally be little again. He played around with his toys for hours, paying no mind to how hungry or sleepy he got.

Eventually nap time hit, and Billy found himself falling asleep in the recliner. He curled up in a ball and suckled on his paci until he drifted off, only waking up when Max had stormed inside the trailer and startled him.

***

Max let out a heavy sigh as she let go of her skate board, letting it fall into the grass of her front yard. It had been a long and aggravating day at school. Some of those kids at Hawkins High could be real jerks. It didn't help that she hadn't slept much the night before. She barged through the screen door to her trailer and stormed into the kitchen to get a glass of cold orange juice. She was so caught up in her own mind she didn't even notice her older brother sitting in the living room. It was only after she tossed her heavy bag aside and strolled into the small living-room with her juice did she notice that he was curled up in the recliner.

"Oh, hey" she mumbled. She put her glass of juice down on the coffee table and turned the TV on. "God there's nothing good to watch" She complained after flopping down on the couch and flipping through channels. Eventually she settled for a cartoon, more so to use as background noise. She went to take another sip of her juice when she heard a sniffle.
She looked up and immediately felt her heart drop at the sight of Billy's shoulders shaking. He was facing away from her. But it was evident that he was crying. "Billy?" She spoke out. He flinched upon hearing his name and hid his face in his arms.

Max rushed to his side, kneeling down in front of him. "Billy, what's wrong?" She asked softly. Billy just shook his head. "Billy" Max pleaded. "Please, what's wrong?".

That's when she noticed the pacifier clutched tightly in his hand. "Billy?" She put a hand on his shoulder. "Are you regressed?". Billy shook his head again, harder this time. "It's okay if you are" she said rubbing his back.

Billy could only cry harder. "No. I big. I big boy, Max".

Max sat there a bit puzzled. Billy was sometimes shy about his regression, sure. But it wasn't like him to hide his regression to the point of tears. He had definitely come out of his shell a bit more over the past few months. No, this was something else. And then she remembered how she stormed in. Billy could be having a trauma response. She felt her stomach be pulled into nots over the guilt.

"Billy..." she spoke just above a whisper. "I'm sorry if I scared you earlier when I came in. I'm not mad at you. I promise. I just had a bad day, I'm sorry I scared you buddy. I'm calm now. And I want to help you, okay?"