Cold baby • Little Eddie, CG Steve

A/N: I'll be working on the requested one shots right after this!!

*****

Eddie knew it was probably a bad idea to show up to band practice when he was on the verge of slipping. He had been repressing his age regression all day already. But he also didn't want to miss practice, not again. He already had to miss it last week.
It'll be fine, he had said to himself. He just had to be big for another few hours.

Unfortunately, that's not how it worked out. After playing a few songs his band mates went inside the house to fetch some drinks. Eddie stayed in the garage. He could feel himself starting to regress. He was hoping he would be able to stop it while the others were away for a few minutes. He paced the floor, took deep breaths, he even tried talking to himself saying he needed to stay big. He can't be a baby right now. He had to be a big boy. And- oh no. This wasn't working. He was regressing, and fast. There was no stopping it.

The others come bursting through the door laughing about something, causing Eddie to jump. He looked up at them with wide eyes.

"Uhh, you okay Eddie?" Doug asked him.

"I um..." Eddie mumbled. He mentally cursed at himself for letting his small voice slip. He cleared his throat and did his best to sound big. "I need to go".

"Wait why?" Jeff asked looking puzzled. "We just started dude".

"I know but..." Eddie looked down before they could see any tears escaping. "I'm sorry" he grabbed his leather jacket off of a chair and quickly started making his way for the door to the house.

"Eddie, wait!" Gareth said sounding concerned. "You sure you don't want a ride home? Theres supposed to be a snow storm coming and I don't think you'll make it home on foot before it hits".

"I'm fine" was all Eddie could get out. He headed inside the house and ran out the front door.

******

Steve didn't want to believe it when he first saw it. It was late into the night, and he had been staring out the window for who knows how long. He had been bored out of his mind. And kind of lonely if he was being honest. His family was away on vacation to escape the bitter cold. Even if they were still here though, he wasn't so sure he'd feel any less lonely. It's why he denied to go with them.
Anyway, he was mindlessly staring at the falling snow when he spotted a familiar figure in the shadows. He had hoped his eyes were deceiving him and that it was just a stranger so he could go about his night knowing all his loved ones were still tucked away in their warm homes. But as soon as said figure walked under a street light, he couldn't deny it anymore. Eddie Munson was walking in a snow storm.

Steve didn't waist a single moment. He ran to the door, threw his boots on and was out the door in seconds. "Eddie!" He called out as he trudged through the snow of his front yard.

Eddie looked up. Upon seeing Steve, a look of relief washed over him. Even in the dark of night, Steve could see it. Eddie quickly looked both ways before crossing the street, even though he knew well enough that no one in their right mind would be out here. Yes, he himself was out here. But this was Eddie we were talking about. He met up with Steve in his yard, shaking like a leaf.

"Oh my god, Eddie" Steve sighed. "What are you doing out here?". He didn't wait for an answer though. Not that it seemed like Eddie could give a coherent one anyways, seeing how much his teeth were chattering. He wrapped an arm around the boy and guided him inside the house. Once in the lit up house, Steve could see the tear stains over Eddie's red cheeks. "Oh, Eddie" he said placing a hand over his cheek. His skin was ice. Fuck. "What happened?"