CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

"Look we're expecting you to be very mature about this," Tim warns as he opens the door. What lies on the other side of the door makes me want to faint. On one side a dresser and mirror stand along with a TV. A closet on the other with a hallway which I guess lead to a bathroom. What really truly makes me want to faint though is the king size bed in the middle of the room.

"Okay so where's my bed?" Kyle asks as the four of us walk in. I drop my heavy suitcase on the bed.

"See that's the thing. There isn't another bed," Whitney explains not looking up from her phone. I never really noticed how busy they are. I guess that just shows how much they really wanted us to join them. If they took time out of their busy schedules to come and get two annoying teenagers.

"What do you expect us to do?" Kyle asks. Whitney holds up a finger to silence him, lifting her phone to her ear. She exits the room yelling about some cheesecake order. Kyle looks around at Tim, he just shrugs.

"We need you to share a bed. Just for this first week. Then we are re-accommodating you. Just for this first week please," Tim begs and I raise an eyebrow at him.

 "Please, we're asking you to be mature and suck it up for a week. We have to leave now, sort it out yourselves,"Tim then leaves closing the door lightly behind him. I turn back around to face Kyle, and whatever teasing he has up his sleeve.

"Dibs, the left side!" he screams and jumps onto the bed. How mature.

-

"Where exactly are we going again?" Kyle asks the driver. Apparently Whitney and Tim have some very important business to attend to and instructed this guy to drive us somewhere. After making us change of course.

"To do a TV interview Mr Bassin," The driver replies and I laugh. Kyle gives me a pointed look, telling me to shut up.

"Mr. Bassin," I giggle into my hand.

"Yeah whatever Miss Pewter," he says and rolls his eyes. The rest of the driver to the where-ever we're going was silent. The quiet humming of the car buzzing in our ears. We finally pull into a car park, full of limo's and other expensive cars.

 The car pulls to a stop outside an elevator where a sharp looking lady stands.Hopping out of the car she greets us.

"Ah, my children!" she exclaimed ushering us into the elevator. She has an ear attachment in one ear and holds a clip board in her left hand.

 "I'm Tris and welcome to Rise and Shine. I'm sure you've seen the show. Now just this way," she said guiding us to a room full of bustling people. She moves us into the room and directs for several people to come and attend to us.

With the new people fussing about us Tris leaves the room muttering into the earpiece about pink flowers instead of lilac ones. They apply a layer of make-up to my face and replace my comfortable ballet flats with five inch heels. Didn't think I signed up for this.Quickly Tris comes back and pulls the both of us to a backstage around and mics us up.

 Hurrying us to a door she steps back and listens intensely into her earpiece.

"Why are you so nervous?" Kyle asks taking my fidgeting hands in his.

"I'm not," I say shaking my head briefly.

"Stop tapping out scales then," He whispers, kissing my knuckles and dropping my hand. My heart stops, he just what? Kyle is that you?

"Okay, three, two, one," Tris pointing opening the doors on one. The sound of clapping instantly fills my ears, plastering a happy smile on my face.

Kyle and I walk out onto the stage.A woman, I'm pretty sure her name is Allegretta, hugs each us. Gesturing to a seat Kyle and I sit down. She takes a seat across from us. The curly blonde haired women has two dimples that appear when she smiles. Modelling a perfect set of white teeth.