CHAPTER TWELVE

Six days until the Christmas concert. That's less than a week away! I'm so excited. Like literally Kyle is having trouble keeping me still. With all the excitement int he air Mr Fergusson was still keeping us busy. He had us meeting Stars every which was and that. Children's bands would suddenly great us randomly in some days.

Today was we walked in with (Starbucks in hand I had a cheesecake latte. I annoyed the people in the line when ordering this one but I have a cheesecake latte so I really don't care) two very important looking people were standing talking to Mr Fergusson. The woman was wearing a red top with a white napkin skirt and she was wearing red wedges. Her hair was pulled off her face in a well styled ponytail there were no lose strands sticking out anywhere. She has tannish skin and brown eyes. Eyes that go well with her deep brown coloured hair.

The man standing next to her was wearing a pair of jeans and boots. He has a checkered shirt that is tucked in his jeans. A leather belt is wrapped around his waist. He a fair skin and green eyes. His light brown hair is gelled back and much like his partner there are no little bits of hair sticking out.

"Lucy! Kyle! Glad your finally here with your Starbucks," Mr Fergusson greets us with a laugh at the mention of Starbucks. It seemed to be a daily thing since Kyle burnt my dam toast. The idiot. "So here are the producers Tim and Whitney. Whitney meet Lucy, Lucy, Whitney. Whitney meet Kyle, Kyle, Whitney. Tim meet Lucy, Lucy, Tim. Tim meet Kyle, Kyle, Tim. Lucy meet Kyle, Kyle-"

"I already know Lucy," Kyle points out.

"Oh, yeah oops," Mr Fergusson says.

"So yeah we are the big producers. We aren't really that scary we promise. And however scary Tim may look," Whitney starts.

"Right Whitney. So during this performance we are your friends however corny that may sound it's true. You guys are the stars in this performance-" Tim continues.

"Don't remind me," I mumble looking at my feet.

"Don't tell me your getting cold feet now are you," Tim asks.

"No she's always been sceptical of preforming on stage," Kyle answers for me. He places a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh. Miss Lucy I'm sure your making it all up in your head. The way Mr Fergusson here speaks of you, of both of you make you two sound like angels when you sing," Whitney says. I give a weak smile. Frankly that's all I can give. I really don't feel all that comfortable preforming on stage. It would be such a shame to work this hard and then quit.

"I think basically what we are trying to say is we are your friends," Whitney finishes. I sip my latte.

"Well that's an accomplishment new friends and it isn't even seven o'clock in the morning," I say.

"Well aren't you optimistic today," Kyle teases and he puts an arm around my shoulders.

"Well now I think we should have our selves a little game don't you think," Tim suggest. Whitney face palms which I take as a bad sign.

-

Tim's little game is actually quiet easy. Basically Kyle and I are having a competition to see who knows the lyrics to the songs the best. I swear we are both pretty good at this game. Whitney is keeping track of the score and Tim still hasn't told us what the loser has to do.

"I'm guessing you two have seen a Broadway show?" Tim asks.

"We are both musical junkies," I answer. Something I found out about Kyle is that he is like obsessed with Broadway. Like obsessed like me. I used to go out to Broadway shows all the time with my cousin. But when they moved to Florida I stopped. I'm not going out in the streets alone.

"Well then. Let's do this with just musical songs then, Musicals include movies that have singing in them aswell as," Tim declares. "One night Only-Dream girls,"

"You want all my love and my devotion," I sing. I love this song. I think it's funny. Kyle pauses and thinks.

"You want my love and soul, right on the line," he sis back.

"I have no doubt that I could love you, forever," I sing without a hitch.

"The only trouble is, you really don't have the time," he sings hesitantly.

"You've got one night only, one night only,"

"That's all you have to spare,"

"One night only,"

"Let's not draw a square,"

"Kyle wrong. Point Lucy!" Whitney hollers.

"What that was right though," Kyle asks in a rage.

"No it wasn't the lyrics are let's not pretend to care," I correct him. "Not let's not draw a square. That's just weird,"

"Point Lucy," Whitney calls out. I my tonuge at Kyle and he does the same to me.

"Jersey Boys- Can't take my eyes off you," Tim says.

"Yes! Jersey Boys," Kyle shouts punching the air. Damn, Jersey Boys. So many damn songs in that musical.

"You're just too good to be true," Kyle starts.

"Can't take my eyes off of you," I sing after a pause.

"You'd be like heaven to touch," Kyle sings straight after me. What are the lyrics wgat are the lyrics?

"I wanna hold you so much," I choke.

"At long last love has arrived," Kyle sings smoothly his voice is music to my ears.

"And I thank God I'm alive," I sing.

"You're just too good to be true," Kyle sings.

"There's nothing else to compare," I sing confidently.

"Point Kyle," Whitney calls.

"How do you muck up the line where the name of the song is sung?" Kyle asks.

"Oh, damn," I mutter.

"One point each," Whitney says.

"Oh I know. Beauty and the Beast- Beauty and the Beast," TIm says. Yes!

"But Lucy's the guru on disney music. She can play the entire Lion King soundtrack on any instrument," Kyle says. True, true I can. Its pretty cool. And I basically know every disney song ever produced I might not have seen the movie but the music. Ofcourse.

"Well Kyle I'd suggest you brush up on your Disney Music knowledge,"

"Tale as old as time," I sing confidently.

"True as it can be," Kyle sings.

"Barely even friends," I responds.

"Then somebody bends," Kyle sings back

"Unexpectedly," I sing.

"Just a little change," Kyle responds. I don't see what he was worried about he seems to know the sing pretty well.

"Small, said the least," I sing.

"Point Kyle," Whitney calls.

"What. How did I stuff that up?" I ask. I'm so stupid.

"Wow Lucy. Wow," Kyle scolds shaking his head at me and wagging his finger at me.