15. Mate pulls

Alarion glanced at Avyugh who was sleeping beside him in the passenger seat of his hover car. His fingers itched to push aside the hair falling over his forehead.

School was cancelled that day, an order given by Viridian's fathers due to the rogue attack going around.

After the investigation of the previous rogue attack, it was discovered that there were a lot of other clan rogues that conspired against the kingdom, and it was obvious that they would come back for more, so precautions were taken.

Alarion was about to turn around the car but it swerved right with an alarming force.

They were hit by a micro bullet--an almost invisible bullet that destroys anything in sight.

The hover car toppled over, and Alarion leaned over his mate, and covered Avyugh with his whole body. Avyugh opened his eyes with a shriek. Alarion pressed the emergency button in his transmitter and and pressed on a big red button at the foot of the car with his leg.

Alarion pushed Avyugh's face away from the window.

The car was still in motion.

Another micro bullet was fired.

Everything came to a standstill including their breathing.

--

"Order for a ceasefire immediately." King Viridian ordered, standing in front of everyone.

The kings of the supernatural world and the kingdom officials all sat in a conference room inside the palace.

King Lyris sat at the head of the table, an unreadable expression on his face. He seemed to be thinking hard. His son was attacked. His son's mate was attacked. This was getting personal now.

"May I present my views?" Kingsley asked. He was one of the twins' fathers.

King Viridian nodded.

Kingsley pressed a button that opened the a hologram in the middle of the table. It showed a man wearing a trench coat with a cigarette in hand, climbing out of his flight.

"This is Thomas Vault--the leader of the hunters." Kingsley described and moved to the next slide. "This is Obo Lamei, leader of the Rogue-Banshee Clan, and this," he moved to the next slide which showed a woman wearing a brown cloak, "is Verici Hove, one of the most powerful witches." He moved to the next slide which consisted of three pictures together. "Our micro beetles have captured a small discussion between them at the church in St Peter Street. We have picture evidence that they might be conspiring against us, but we need more solid evidence."

Lingaa explained further. "Verici Hove and Obo Lamei have rogue witches and banshees on their side that they're putting to use. But we need to dig in deeper."

Tolen, Kenji's father and the Kings' chief advisor spoke up. "Our bugs and beetles can only do so much from a distance since they have AI detectors all around them. We need a solid spy, pretending to be human."

King Viridian nodded. "Go on."

"We needn't get too close to them. We just need to plant a spy that works in places they frequent. Maybe even more than one."

"Human beings, you say," King Viridian mused.

"I can find out who is up for it." Rama, Pierre's father spoke up.

King Viridian nodded.

"We will call a ceasefire. Find out what their demands are and infiltrate at the same time."

Everybody around the room nodded.

King Lyris looked at his mate. They seemed to be sharing one brain as they nodded.

"Squad Z."

--

Alarion groaned, and sat up with a start. He groaned as pain shot up his right arm to his neck and he looked down.

He was shirtless and bandaged from his shoulder to the torso, his right arm in a sling. He looked around and recognized his room. He made a move to remove his sling but his father's voice at the threshold of his room made him stop.

"You were dead for fifteen minutes and a micro bullet coated in poison pierced your heart. You're lucky you're a vampire." Lyris' voice shook but he managed to keep a calm face as he walked forward and sat down on his son's bed.

"Where's Avyugh?" Was Alarion's first question.

Lyris looked away with a sigh.

Alarion stood up, fists clenched. "Dad, is he alright?"

"He's fine. He isn't a supernatural like us, so his healing process is slow."

Alarion could smell his mate. He was inside the palace.

"I'm going to him." Alarion muttered and made a move to run but was stopped by his father.

"Wear this first."

Lyris picked up a box from beside the bed. It was Alarion's birthday present from his fathers.

It was a gold chain with three small pendants that spelled VAL.

"You look less sick now." Lyris smiled.

Alarion shook his head with a tiny smile and bent down to hug his father. "I'm sorry if I worried you and papa."

"You worry me. Papa, though doesn't worry. He says you have the head of a raging bull and thick skin too. But that will never stop me from worrying about you, Rio."

Alarion pulled away from his father and smiled. "Thank you dad."

Lyris pushed him to the door. "Now go to your mate."

When Alarion reached the corridor Avyugh was situated in, he found his friends guarding the door, and Kenji was the first to notice him. He walked forward briskly and pulled Alarion into a hug.

Soon, it became a group hug where all the boys were hugging Alarion.

"Wow, this is like, so gay." Alarion chuckled.

The boys pulled away, each of them wearing a scowl on their face.

Klyden was the first to speak. "You were bloody dead--for fifteen fucking minutes. Then you woke up, so out of it, and you know what the first question you asked was?" Klyden breathed through his nose, looking angry, sad, upset but determined. "You asked for your mate. Who was, for fifteen minutes dead. Like you. Then the doctors operated on him for two hours. He's breathing now, but it's been three days and he hasn't woken up. If you don't let me kill those bastards who did this, I will kill you."

Klyden was breathing heavily by the time he was done and furiously wiped his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. "So what's it gonna be?"

Kenji, Pierre and the twins nodded, looking upset and pissed.

"I have readied all the equipment we'd need." Miles said.

"I'm good to use my magic. Been practicing culling dummies. I'm sure doing it on those rogue scum would be more satisfying though."

"My knives have been sharpened." Trey smiled wickedly.

Pierre chuckled. "My fists are ready as ever."

Alarion smiled at his friends.

I'm bloody gifted to have these assholes.

"Let's kill them. Let's kill them all." A slow smile covering his lips as he thought about his mate being dead for fifteen minutes.

They'd killed him, technically--for fifteen minutes Avyugh was dead. His mate was dead for fifteen minutes.

Alarion clenched his fist and whispered.

"We are killing them."