26. Coaxing

Squad Z was present in the royal courtroom, where they were to discuss the new training methods for their younger recruits.

Viridian and Lyris were addressing the issue and Alarion was looking around for his mate, who was not yet here. Avyugh had told the vampire that he'd be there after breakfast.

"You keep looking at the door," Klyden commented with a smug smirk. "Just how whipped are you?"

Alarion narrowed his eyes. "Fuck off."

The recruits, around thirty of them, were also in the courtroom to voice out their suggestions for their training, but they seemed too afraid to speak up in front of the kings of the supernaturals.

"Why aren't they saying anything?" Trey muttered.

Kenji looked around the courtroom for Pierre, who was also running late because he was buying candy from the market since he ran out of them before breakfast.

"What training methods do you wish to implement?" Lyris asked, eyebrows raised, looking for an answer from the recruits.

No reply.

They all fidgeted in their spot.

"Oh come on, we don't bite." Viridian rolled his eyes.

Alarion smiled at that.

"Well," a reluctant voice spoke up. "We would like training that increases our stamina, since during the recruitment process many people with potential couldn't pass."

Viridian nodded. "What's your name?"

"Joan, Your Highness."

"Okay, Joan, you're in charge of all of these recruits now. I want a detailed report from you at the end of each training week." Viridian said.

"Your batch will be called the T1. Keep your transmitter on for further updates. You can leave now." Lyris nodded with a smile, looking at the recruits scurrying out of the courtroom.

Just then Avyugh entered the door, fumbling with his glasses as he tried to wipe them.

"What are you doing?" Alarion chuckled fondly once the human reached.

"Wearing glasses is really a punishment," Avyugh muttered, absentmindedly stepping closer to his mate.

Alarion gently grabbed the glasses from him, cleaning all the dust with his shirt.

"Now, Avyugh, you need some training," Lyris declared.

The human frowned. "No thank you, I'm fine."

Alarion and the others laughed.

"It's cute that you think it's an option," Lyris grinned. "You need training Avyugh, serious training. You need to be able to defend yourself when the need occurs."

Avyugh was a little worried at the thought of receiving some much-needed training.

"You'll be fine," Alarion muttered.

"You're a vampire of course you're combat confident whereas I'm a target to the entire supernatural race. Taking me would be like winning the lottery to them." Avyugh huffed.

"Hey you used supernatural right," Miles smiled, raising a brow.

Avyugh only groaned. "What about Maahi? How am I going to protect him if I'm a target myself? He's supposed to be going to school and playing with his friends, but instead, he's here, unaware of everything that's going around and eating bloody lollipops when he could be in danger at any point in time!"

Alarion walked forward quietly and fit the glasses onto Avyugh's face gently.

"Trey?" Alarion called out, focused on his mate's glasses.