Chapter 4: The Next Day

Hilda was getting ready to see her friends. She was looking forward to hanging out with them. But then, something came up.

Johanna: "Hilda. I need you to do some chores around here while I'm gone. Can you do that?"

Hilda: "Oh. Okay."

Johanna: "Thanks. I'll see you later."

Hilda was sad that she couldn't see her friends that day, but she wanted to be a good daughter. So she did what she was told. She washed the dishes, took out the trash, and cleaned her room up a bit. Hilda was tired. When Johanna got back, she was impressed with Hilda's skills.

Johanna: "Wow, Hilda. You really know how to clean."

Hilda: "Thanks, mum."

Johanna: "I'll tell you what. I'll let you hang out with your friends tomorrow."

Meanwhile, Thomas was about to go on his branch line, when Sir Topham Hatt needed him.

Sir Topham Hatt: "Thomas. I need you to take a goods train to Maron."

Thomas: "Yes, sir."

Sir Topham Hatt: "Splendid. Off you go."

And Thomas went to pick up the goods train. Thomas was upset that he couldn't go on his branch line, but he wanted to be really useful. So he took the goods train to Maron.

Sir Topham Hatt: "Thank you, Thomas. You can go on your branch line tomorrow."