Chapter Seventeen

First of all, in response to Alheli & to SparkleStripes, whom I could not reply privately to because you signed in as a guest. ;)

To Alheli: Well...aren't we all? Trust me, he will. Maybe. And yes, actually I do. The story will come to a conclusion somewhere around the thirtyish chapter mark, or thereabouts. May or may not write an epilogue, but so far my thoughts are veering towards may...No, there won't be any continuation of this, the ending I have planned has made it kind of difficult to do anything like sequels...sorry.

To SparkleStripes: Hahaha thanks I appreciate the compliment. :) I'm glad you like it and the following is the more you're looking so forward to. ;)

Secondly, as you may have already read, we are nearing the end of the story, and no, there will not be any kind of sequel. There is roughly three to four chapters left to go after this (not including the epilogue that I might be doing) so I'm going to try to make the remaining chapters as Feel-sy as possible. *smirks evilly* *strokes nonexistent cat in a villainous manner* So enjoy that.

And thirdly...FAN-ART! So many FMA fics have had devoted readers draw fan-art. *Pouts like Elicia* Where's my fan-art? :(

Lol don't mean to sound like a spoiled brat or anything *cough cough sputter* but seriously, I would enjoy seeing what you, the readers, think of this story in a visual aspect, something you can actually look at. It's one thing to picture an epic scene in my head, but it would be beyond awesome to see some of your own interpretations of said epic scenes. :3

And now, without further ado, THE SEVENTEENTH CHAPTER! (OMG already at seventeen!)

BTW sorry this took so ridiculously long, writing this particular chapter felt more like a chore than anything else because it's mainly just a filler. But I promise, the real action starts...NEXT CHAPTER! Also sorry that it's so short, again, good stuff will be next chapter, so please don't hate me. :(

I swear to God...

~Kala~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Goddammit, they should be back by now!" Havoc yelled, slamming his fist on the table. "That job should have taken a few hours at the most, and they left almost twelve hours ago! What the Hell happened?" His heart was racing a million miles an hour, his breath was coming in short, angry bursts, and his head felt like it was going to implode from the the pressure. It was him who had sent them on that mission in the first place, what if something bad had happened to them?

"Havoc, calm down." Riza said from the other side of the office.

"I can't, Colonel!" Havoc cried, grabbing fistfuls of his own hair and pulling. Pain erupted in his scalp and he growled, letting go. "They're probably dead by now, dammit! What the Hell was I thinking?"

"Lieutenant Havoc!" Riza yelled, getting his attention, pulling it away from the dark, inner depths of himself, the part of himself that knew that by now, Molina and Thurber were certainly dead. There was no way they would have taken this long to report in otherwise. He fought back tears, knowing that it was through his orders that two innocent soldiers were now dead. It was all his fault, it-

"Havoc." She said, more quietly this time. "It's not your fault, okay? You were right, we needed to know for sure what we were dealing with before we went barging in there. This is most certainly not the way I wanted it to go, but I think now we know that it is probably Mustang over in the warehouses. We still don't know if the Warrant Officer and the Staff Sergeant are dead yet, it hasn't been confirmed. Perhaps they were taken prisoner, or perhaps they're hiding in one of the warehouses, waiting for the chance to do whatever it is they're waiting for. It hasn't been confirmed, so try not to lose your head just yet. Please. I need you at your best if we're going to storm the district."