Chapter Eighteen

PLEASE READ, IT'S IMPORTANT:

I AM SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG! I've been away at my Dad's for the holidays, it's a six hour drive from here to there, and he has no Wi-Fi, so there was no point in taking the laptop. Again, really sorry it's taken so long, but this chapter was really emotionally difficult to write, as well as the obvious time problems. In any case, this chapter is basically the 'final battle' chapter. After this is the conclusion thingy chapter, and then there's gonna be an epilogue, which I have decided to go ahead and do.

This chapter is actually really good, so it was worth the wait, yet, in saying that, none of you will probably actually ENJOY it...so yeah...if that makes any sense...

Anyway, REPLIES!

To SparkleStripes: Yes, Havoc, and yes, Hawkeye. I'm really glad, it's nice to know there's actually people who enjoy my work. :) Seriously, you have? Well, you'll have to tell me about them, because I must say you've got me intrigued now. Well, here's the more you're so super excited for, and I hope it was worth the wait. I think it is, but that's just me. :3

To Alheli: Please, please don't fall off said chair, I really cannot afford a lawsuit at this point in time, or, ever, to be honest. It's not a problem, I make a point to respond to all reviews, because people or more likely to leave them if they are responded to. :) Originally, so did I, but then that arc finished and this one started and I was just like whoa...what have I created here? Hahaha, don't worry, I can't draw people either, just faces, so I know how you feel, but I have been working on it lately, and I'm getting better. Thanks for that by the way, I appreciate it. Anyway, here's the next chapter. Some advice, you should probably keep a box of tissues with you this time...yeah...

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, THE CHAPTER!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riza Hawkeye was nervous as she boarded the first of three trucks, heading directly for the warehouse district, and, namely, warehouse number twelve, where Brosh had reported that the screaming was coming from. Hawkeye had immediately ordered her entire team to board the trucks and go straight to the site, despite rationality telling her that they should wait and try to figure out a definite way to counteract Mustang's fire alchemy. Her maternal instincts had kicked into overdrive the moment they had confirmed Edward's location, and now her entire focus was getting there and saving him from whatever torment Roy was putting him through.

It still hurt her to think about. That the man she loved, the kindhearted man who was always so devoted to his friends and to his country, could ever be doing what she knew he was doing to...anyone, let alone the youngest member of their group. She knew that Mustang had never really gotten along with Edward, never really actually liked him all that much, and vice versa, but Roy had always taken measures, sometimes extreme measures, to ensure that Edward was safe and healthy, and Alphonse as well. He had risked his life, his career, on hiding the brother's secret and getting them into the military so that they would have the necessary research material to be able to find a way to restore their bodies. Mustang had always been there for the boys, there to help them, which was what made the fact that all that apparently now meant nothing to the man, that was what made Riza so miserable and sick right now.

Her heart felt like it had been twisted a thousand times over into a great big knot, her stomach felt like she'd swallowed a stone and her stomach as trying to digest it. Her brain was pounding away behind her skull, like there was a giant tumor in there. God, she hoped there wasn't, a tumor was not another problem she needed to be added to her already overflowing pile of them.