Chapter 8

Huge Manga spoilers ig

"Kanao-chan, come here darling" Shinobu called out 

"Yes Shinobu-sama?" Kanao said, with a true smile on her mouth

"You've lived up to your name, Kanao" she said, almost about to shed a tear

"What?" She asked

"You're letting your emotions show, and shine brighter than any star. But. It's time we discuss this, when the day comes, we will have to go to Kibutsuji's stronghold, along with Hashira and other Demon Slayers"

"Nee-san? What are you talking about?" She called Shinobu 'Shinobu-sama' for cover but called her 'sister' when they were alone, Shinobu she felt comfortable around.

"We need to speak about how to kill the Demon who killed Kanae." she said 

Kanao's eyes widened "Oh" she swallowed "I'm going to fight to the absolute death to behead him, I promise!"

"Oh Kanao, I couldn't be more proud of how you've grown. But, being naive won't help us. I'll explain it to you"

"Okay? But first, make this clear, no one will need to die, right?"

Shinobu started tearing up "Yes, someone will have to die, me."

"What?!"

"Listen, I've filled my body my consuming a lot of Wisteria Poison daily. So, if the demon who killed Nee-san devours me, he'll be poisoned and his regeneration will be put to a screeching halt."

"But then you'll have to die!" Kanao yelled, tears streaming down her cheeks

"Yes, I know. If his regeneration is put to a halt, you'll have to behead him. Got it?"

"Nee-san! Do you not see?! If you die, you won't hear Kanroji's laugh, you won't see Aoi's rare smile, you won't be able to talk to me anymore, you won't be able to soothe the minds of your patients, and, and" She rambled in a crying voice.

"I'll have to stay there and fight for the Demon Slayer Core, you won't be able to help"

"But I want to help!" She screamed

"I know you do but if we lose, we'll both be killed, but if we win, only you can go home." Shinobu said soothingly

"Oh, why would I ever want to go home, if you're not there?"

Authors note: I know that conversation sounded like some conversation from Steven Universe, but I heard in an edit. And it was too perfect to not draw inspiration from, I have not watched that show yet

"You'll have a lot of fun at home, you have the girls, Tanjiro, Inosuke, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Aoi"

Kanao fell silent "I know, but you're my sister~"

Shinobu smiled, truly "I always will be, but I have to go, see Kanae, my parents and my tsugukos"

"You have two other sisters! And your parents are proud enough of you, you have me as your Tsuguko!" She whined

Shinobu stood up, she disappeared and reappeared in front of her little sister "I always will love you and Aoi, and the girls, my sisters mean more to me than my own life, and this world would be a better place without the Demon either way"

"We can kill him without you dying!"

"No, that won't do. I looked into it and the Demon who killed Kanae was Uppermoon 2. He's devoured more people than you've met"

"Isn't there a way though? I don't want you to die"

All of a sudden they heard sobbing, from another corner of the room