02

The tall man sat behind his desk with his legs crossed

The tall man sat behind his desk with his legs crossed. He had heard the news. The news about Stbt4w.. Emmit.

He scoffed as his heart filled with hate. His distaste towards that man was immeasurable.. Cody ran a hand over his masked face and sighed. He needed to work. The cult needed to be run. He needed to be done as he was made to be.

Cody stood up from his desk and made his way out of his office. Walking down the hall, his shoes made sharp clicking sounds with each step, letting you know that he was coming, letting you know there was no point in running.

Getting down the hall, Cody turned into a small Courtroom and took his place where the judge would stand.

Where the jury was supposed to be was a crowd of faceless beings. Cultists. In the defendants stand, was a cowering young boy and girl, siblings.

“I hope you understand I'm judge, jury, and executioner, children. So.. do me a favor and listen to what you are told and perhaps I won't send you down with the crows. They are awfully peckish right now too.” Cody said, snickering at his own pun.

The two children just looked on in horror and nodded quickly. “Yes sir, we understand sir, I'm sorry sir.” Spurred out the boy.

Cody cleared his throat and adjusted his mask.. a mask made to look almost as one as a jester.. the eye sockets dark with clown spikes going off of them, one eye, the spike jutted up and was painted blue, the other, facing down, painted red. The mouth of the mask was a wide ripped smile, painted an elegant matte black. The rest of the mask was a simple white porcelain, decorated with various details and splashes of color.

He tapped his colorfully painted nails against the table before adjusting his equally colorful tie. “You children were caught sneaking into the world of the fourth walls, but worse yet, you were caught breaking the walls… what do you have to say for yourself?”

“We.. we wanted to find Devin we figured-” started the girl.

“Enough. No one, I repeat, no one, is permitted to try to speak to Devin. Devin is busy fixing the walls not dealing with little children who think they are worth more than they really are!” He stood and slammed his hands down on the table. Under his mask, a smile grew. “I should not only feed you to the crows, leave Em and her little friends to eat you up, but I should make your parents watch! Show them what happens when you don't fucking teach your kids to stay in their place!” As he spoke, his voice crescendoed into a furious yell. He took a breath and sat down. He was quiet for a moment before looking back at the kids. He took off his mask and set it aside. He smiled at them lightly, his dark brown eyes having a hint of annoyance in them. “Does that sound a-ok, kiddos? Or should I give you mercy.. leave you be.. let you run off.. Or, I could take your parents.. or I could take just one of you.. a little lesson.”

Cody stood. “Devin would be disappointed in you. Your punishment is-”

With a jolt, the boy stood and began to yell. “No! Devin would be disappointed in you! You are a bad man! A very bad man! And Devin is good! Devin wouldn't want you to torture innocent families! Devin wouldn't want you to make this.. this bad, bad, cult! My mama told me that Devin is better than this! Better than you!”