03

“..I love you!” Yelled the thirteen year old Emmit.

“What? But.. why.. ew.. I'm sorry but how?” Lacch stepped back from him. “Emmit that's really weird. And gross.. and.. bad. You know how my mom is.. she already freaked out with me coming out as non-binary.. but if I had a thing with a guy? Well.. that's just.. bad. I have to stick with her on this one.”

Emmit's face fell. “What..? I'm.. you're kidding? Please. Just because your mom thinks it bad doesn't mean you have to think it's bad! I really do love you, Lacch!”

Lacch's face scrunched up. They sighed and ran a hand through their ginger hair. “Dude. No. Stop. I'm sorry but get it through your head that I don't love you and I never will.. just.. the faster you get that in your thick skull, the faster I can forget this ever happened..!”

Emmit's face was red with anger and embarrassment. He scoffed and pushed Lacch back. They stumbled into the road.

“What the hell man?!” Lacch yelled. They walked up to Emmit and pushed them back.

The two of them got closer and began to punch and kick at each other. Emmit punched Lacch in the kidney, Lacch kicked the back of Emmit's knee. Emmit elbowed Lacch's nose. Lacch punched Emmit in the stomach.

And it kept going.

And going.

And going.

Until..

Emmit gave Lacch one last push. Lacch fell into the road and let out a groan.

They looked up at Emmit. “This is why I will never love you! You are cra-!”

Thump

Squelch

Screech

The truck instantly killed Lacch. Instantly smashed the kid to a bloody pulp on the road.

And Emmit just stood there. 

In shock.