03

Beepo
Beepo has to warn you beforehand that this file includes thoughts and actions of suicide. Beepo asks that if this is sensitive to you, please refrain from viewing. If needed, a summary can be made of this file. If you or someone you know is struggling mentally, Beepo recommends contacting the suicide help hotline at 988.
Beepo

—-------

Euan paced back and forth in Cody's office. “But who hurt Emmit? I had Sirona check the angles of the cuts to see if it could be self inflicted, but it looks like someone else did it.”

“Is it possible that Lacch-” started Cody, leaning back in his chair at his desk.

“No. Lacch would never hurt anyone. Plus I was able to contact them with help from a friend right after Emmit was hurt and they didn't show any signs of doing it- I mean, sure, they were shaken up, but they didn't do it!” Euan cursed under his breath and shook his head.

“Who was this friend? Is it possible that they did it?”

Euan looked bewildered for a moment before laughing. He shook his head. “No, oh gods no. Beepo can't hurt a fly. Plus it's stuck in hell. It's not powerful enough of a demon to leave on its own accord.”

“I see. I still say Lacch did it. Darling, you have no idea the control Emmit has over our minds. He is able to warp around us and force us to do his every bidding- it's not a choice. It's a demand. You know I would never kill by choice, but I still ended up killing because of Emmit. It's very possible that Emmit forced Lacch to hurt him. I know you don't want to accept it because it seems like something your sibling would never do, but Emmit makes us do stuff that's wrong, that's normally out of character.”

Euan sighed and shuffled. “You're right. I don't want to think about it, but you're right.” He sighed. “Hey, you made it so that your phone is untraceable, yeah?”

Cody gestured towards his 1940s styled phone. “You bet. Who you need to call, Darling?”

He grew quiet before slowly shaking his head. “Lacch.. they think I'm dead. I need them to know that I'm not.”

“Oh my” Cody took his feet off the desk and set them on the floor, his shoes clicking as he did so. “I'm.. I'm sorry about that, darling. Thats..” he paused. “Why would they think that?”

“Emmit tried to kill me. A few years back. Tried to drown me in the river by the bridge. It almost worked but-” he shook his head. “Let's just say there's a reason why I have so much sympathy for demons”

“A demon saved you-?” Cody leaned forward, putting his elbows on the desk.

“I- well-” he sighed. “Yes. A demon saved me. I don't fully understand how to this day.. but something about that bridge is off. It has a very thin line that separates us from hell. Most the time, even the most powerful demons can't travel to the over world without being summoned but-” he smiled sadly. “The demon got through that time. It really must have wanted to help me, because breaking the barrier between hell and the over world is no small feat.”

“Whos the demon that saved you, if you don't mind me asking, obviously.”

“I don't mind.. it is a sensitive subject though.. but.. Beepo. My friend in hell. It's the one that saved me. It- doesn't like Emmit.”

Cody nodded. “Interesting.”

Euan grabbed the phone and dialed the number to the hotel Lacch was staying at. Call it a bit creepy, but Euan was tracking Lacch, making sure they were safe. He wanted to know where his little sibling was, just in case stuff got bad.

The phone rang a few times before the receptionist picked up. “Hello, this is the Harriott hotel. How many I help you.”

Euan cleared his throat, he was nervous. “Yes uh. Can you connect me with the person in room 241”