Act two finale

Lacch paced back and forth in the room. “Emmit, I can't take this anymore.” They sighed and faced the mirror. “You have changed and I don't like the person you are anymore. I-”

They shook their head and looked away from the mirror. “No. I shouldn't say that. I need to be more gentle.” They were practicing talking to Emmit. Getting through this safely.

The door cracked open, Emmit stepped in. “Who are you talking to?”

Lacch flinched and looked over at Emmit. “Oh.. Myself. Emmit- there's actually something I've been wanting to talk to you about-”

“Not now, Lacch. Come with me now. There is something I want to try.” Emmit dismissed Lacch with a wave of his hand. And began to walk out of the room. He held the door open expectantly.

Lacch let out a sigh and slowly followed Emmit into the other room. As they walked in they paused and took a step back as they saw the candles, blood and book laid out on the floor. The blood was painted in an intricate pattern that Lacch recognized from years ago when he stole one of Euan’s books.

“You're summoning a demon.” They whispered, their eyes wide.

“Euan is damn good with these rituals but made one fucked up mistake when he summoned Em. She is unstable with being forced to be on the Earth for so long, but if you summon a lower class demon, a weaker one.. they are basically objects. They follow commands, they can comprehend their own basic language, but they always obey and they aren't strong enough to mess with the barrier between Hell and Earth.”

“Emmit. Emmit, I'm not helping you. It's wrong. I don't agree with my parents much but I agree it's unholy to summon demons. It's dangerous. It's wrong.” Lacch took a step back and swiftly shook their head.

“Shut up. Know your place. You will help me.” Emmit snapped. “Take off the sheet.”

“...No.” Lacch slowly said, they were unsure, scared. They didn't want to disobey Emmit for their own safety, but this is where they stood their ground. Cody was right. Emmit has gone too far. Someone had to stop him. Lacch had to stop him. “I'm not going to let you do this. And I'm definitely not going to help you. Emmit, I love you but this has gone too far. I miss who you were months ago. I'm not the only one starting to question you. Please. Let's just.. Forget about the cult. Forget about Cody. Emmit, I can save you.. We- we can go together out to the forest, live in a small cabin. Just you and I, maybe a dog? We can be happy together. We can have peace and- and in the winter when it snows we would be able to make snow men and in the spring we can grow some plants and- and grow our own food.” Lacch put their hands on Emmit's shoulders. “I can go fishing and I can cook! You can hunt other stuff, I will just eat fish while you eat the other meats but we can be happy together! We can be perfect together. I will help you. You can have no more evil thoughts, you can become a better person. We can be together and be safe and happy together. I can help you.”

Emmit stood there quietly. He slowly put his hands on Lacch's and took them off his shoulders. “Lacch..” He sighed and shook his head. “I-”

He pushed Lacch down into the center of the circle. He held them down and grabbed a knife. “Your soul should be enough to bring a demon. Please my love- keep your strong feelings, let your soul shine bright! Let the power of your soul mix with the demon I shall bring into this world!”

Lacch fought against him, trying to push him away. “Emmit-! Emmit stop!”

Emmit ripped the sheet off of Lacch and held their body down. He grabbed Lacch's hair and pulled their head forward before bashing it back into the floor. He lifted the knife and pressed it to Lacch’s neck.