Prologue

Hi all,

Back with a new story on our beloved couple.

This isn't based on the show. It is an Alternate universe story.  Just something I wanted to write all along.  Please show your support to this story as you did to my previous ones. Will try to keep this one regularly updated based on the response. Thank you.

Abhinav Sharma, CEO of Sharma constructions was sitting in his posh executive chair in his spacious corner office. His secretary,  Mitra was standing opposite to him, trying to compose herself so that her shaking knees won't give up.

It had been almost 2 years since she had started working as his assistant,  but each day seemed to be a new day in hell.

She prayed to every god she knew as his eyes scrutinized the document in his hand.

It was the 6th time she was re doing it and if he finds one more mistake , he may just bury her alive.

'Well being buried alive seems a better option rather than having to face him again ' Mitra thought to herself clutching the file in her hand close to her body in fear.

She kept on looking at him in anticipation, seeing his eyes reach the end of the document she let out the breath she had been holding for so long.

She took a step closer to the table to get the document atlast relived when the expression in his face changed as it scrunched in anger.

She immediately took two steps back and closed her eyes preparing herself for the inevitable.

" What is your qualification , remind me again?" She heard Abhinav's sarcastic tone.

"Sir....?" she called her voice reekinh of confusion and fear.

" You are an graduate right?" He asked as she nodded not knowing what he was referencing to.

" It's the sixth damn time.. and you have the audacity to bring it to me with the wrong date" he roared throwing the document on the side of the table closer to her.

Her eyes widened in horror. She had forgotten to change the date this morning, after the five condescending sessions over the contents of the file yesterday,  she had hoped to not piss him off today. She could feel her eyes struggling not to let the tear out.

" Take the document off my table... Change it and mail it to me as well as to the project department.. keep me in bcc... is it clear or should I check up on it too?" Mitra shaked her head in a no vigorously , taking the file and sprinted out of his office.

" Damn girl,  you are sweating too much... was it a sauna in there?" Kartika,  the junior architect asked as Mitra  reached the table gulping a whole water bottle .

" Shut up, one day I will send you in and you can see how it is inside the lion's den . " Mitra slapped off kartika's arm which was wiping her forehead with a tissue.

" No.. God no... I am happy being the junior architect.. I don't even want the promotion if it means having a one on one with him. I remember my first time I joined as an intern here and the senior manager literally cried for 15 minutes after coming out of the CEO's cabin.

But I do have  a good news for you. The latest gossip in the cafeteria is that the CEO is getting married. So he might take few days off and you can breathe in peace." Kartika said hoping to see an happy face

Mitra rolled her eyes and looked down on the system.

" You are not happy with the news?" Kartika asked suprised at her reaction.

" As far as I know him, he might come to office directly after the wedding. He is dangerously addicted to his work. Even if he takes a break, how do you think it benefits me.. even if he is here , i just get berated for the day's mistake.. if he takes a break,the moment he steps back into the office, I am a dead meat.

But I am curious of who accepted to marry him, the poor girl " Mitra sympathized .

**************************************

Akshara Goenka,  final year law student, the youngest of the Goenka siblings, enetred the goenka mansion after a busy day in college.

The house was in a state of disarray with painters working on the walls of the hall and the decorators having an serious discussion with her parents.

" It doesn't matter about the cost. We have to impress the groom's side with the decorations.  They are much more affluent than us. Cover the handle of staircase with silk and lay down a red carpet in the middle . Also only use red tulip for decorations, don't use any cheap flowers...." Swarna Goenka , her mother instructed the decorators . Her father Manish Goenka was sitting next to her mother nodding to everything her mother was saying.

She smiled at the bustle of the people and the emotions around the house . After all the daughter of the house is getting married and the chaos is the norm in Indian households.

" Akshu.. my bachchi.. when did you come?" Suhasini Goenka, her grandmother's voice came out breaking her from her thoughts.

" Just now Mimi.." she answered taking her grandmother into a hug . Suhasini was the only soul in the house who made her feel included.  To her parents she was a plain mistake.

Her elder siblings , Kairaav and Aarohi were the planned heirs of the Goenka family. She was their unplanned and unexpected third baby who they had tried to abort but couldn't due to medical reasons. As a result by the time she was born Swarna was already 35 handling her other two wanted kids . Akshara bore the burnt and was mostly grew up neglected if not for Suhasini, her grandmother who cared for her and raised her. It wasn't that her parents didn't love her , they did but never had the time or patience to show her all of that. They still made sure she was fulfilled materialistically.

" Come inside.. I have made your favorite kachoris, " Suhaasini pulled her inside the kitchen.

Akshara took a seat at the dining table , taking in the smell of the hot kachoris hitting her nostrils.

" Wahh Mimi.. the smell itself is so intoxicating" Akshara salivated and started to devour the snack.

Suhaasini lovingly traced her hair with her fingers adoring her.

" Waise Akshu.. did they show you the invitation?" Suhaasini enquiried as Akshara shaked her head negatively.

She didn't really care about them including her in all of it . By now, she was immune to them neglecting her.

" Chodo.. look here" Suhaasini passed a card to her. She smiled at the card and skimmed the already known information.

  On 30th Jan 2024, at Goenka mansion, 

Mr. Abhinav Sharma,
CEO of Sharma industries

Is getting engaged to

Dr. Aarohi Goenka,
Surgical intern, Birla Hospitals

**************************************

Leave your love for the story in comments and votes guys ❤️