Chapter 5

Akshara woke up next day morning determined to confront Aarohi. She wasn't going to let her sister ruin the reputation of both the families .

As she walked towards her sister's room, Abhinav's face kept on flashing in her head. Eventhough he was rude by nature, he was a good guy at heart . He didn't deserve what Aarohi was doing behind his back.

She opened the door of Aarohi's room , she saw her sister still in her pyjama sitting on the bed pinching her forehead.

Hearing the door sway, Aarohi looked towards the door and saw Akshara standing with crossed arms.

" Akshu are you deaf? How many times I have told you not to enter my room without knocking?" She asked irritated .

" I want to speak to you di" Akshara said subtly . She wasn't sure how to confront her elder sister.

" I'm not in the mood to speak to you ! I already had a long night yesterday , I had back to back surgeries. I'm tired! Go away!" She said again closing her eyes resting it on the headboard.

" Where was the operation di? At Raj Park?" Akshara questioned , she saw the color washing out of Aarohi's face.

" and who was your co-surgeon? Neil?" Akshara further interrogated.

Aarohi sprang to her feet , pushing Akshara inside closed the doors.

" How do you know?" She asked , anger apparent in her eyes.

" I followed you yesterday and saw you taking to him in the park" She admitted truthfully waiting for Aarohi to blast out for intruding in her life.

But oddly, her sister stayed silent just staring at her.

" Look di, I know you are angry at me for invading into your personal life. Truth to be told, I would have not done so if it didn't involve reputation of both the families . Why did you even get engaged if you are in love with someone else di?" Akshara questioned her sister.

Aarohi's face softened as she took Akshara's hand and made her sit on the bed

" Akshu, you have always been my best friend in this family. I hope I can spill my heart out to you. I and Neil, we both met at the medical college and have been dating off and on for 5 years now. "

" 5 years di? " Akshara eyes widened at her confession.

" On and off . We had never been in a serious relationship. Neil has major commitment issues. Mom has been behind me for years now to marry. I have kept her off my head using my education as a barrier. But now that I am completing my internship I have no other reason.

Even when she bought Abhinav's proposal, I vehemently said no. But she kept on persuading me, even emotionally threatened me. At that time, I literally begged Neil to marry me. Hearing the marriage word, he just stopped talking to me all together. Being angry on him and knowing he would never settle down I accepted that marriage proposal.

Believe me, I started accepting that it was time to move on from him when he called again just a couple of days before the engagement telling that he missed me so much and desperately pleaded to meet again . Just like that it all started again but still he refuses to commit. You yourself would have seen yesterday how he behaved. That's it. I'm done with him. He can go to hell , I'm going to get married" Aarohi said in a determined tone.

Akshara looked at her confused.

" Di , are you sure? If not we can speak to mumma and papa and cancel this wedding. It's not too late now. I will stand by your side. " Akshara kept a hand on Aarohi's hand assuring her.