Chapter 4

It had been two days since their little encounter at the temple and Akshara wasn't able to shake the feeling of his hand in hers. For the first time in her life , she felt secure and belonged.

"Agrhh... Why can't i stop this train of thoughts.. for gods sake he is going to be my jeeju in a week" she scolded herself shoving a pillow on her face.

Freshening up, Akshara went out of her room to have a change of environment,  when passing through Aarohi's room she  heard Aarohi's voice coming from inside.

She opened the door to have a little sister time, but before the door could open completely she saw Aarohi sitting on her bed facing the wall holding a phone to her ear.

" Neil, its not like that" Aarohi pleaded with the person on the phone.

Neil.. Akshara remembered seeing the name on Aarohi's name the other day and started listening intently onto the conversation.

I want to meet you.. let's meet at our usual place by 8 PM. I will be waiting for you " Aarohi informed the other person and cut the call. Before she could notice, Akshara slipped out of the room without making a sound.

" Who is this Neil guy? Why does Aaru di  keeps on speaking to him? I haven't  seen her speaking a word to Abhinav, even when she was standing next to him she was immersed in her phone. What is happening?" Akshara's mind was filled with questions as she was walking downstairs where her family was bundled up discussing about the wedding.

She saw the happiness radiating in her parent's face. They were paying so much attention to every small details,  they didn't want anything to go wrong in the wedding.

Mimi was busy instructing the catering head about the type of sweets to be prepared for each functions.

Looking at their faces, she turned backwards and looked worriedly at the closed door of Aarohi's room upstairs.

" I can't let anything ruin their reputation and happiness. " she decided .

**************************************

It was 7 at the evening,  Akshara kept a close eye on Aarohi's activities.

" Maa, I have an emergency at the hospital.  I have to go" Aarohi who had just came downstairs informed Swarna.

" Aarohi,  you are getting married in a week.  Haven't you applied for leave yet?" Kairaav questioned

" Bhai! I don't interfere in your job,  it will be better if you don't in mine" she gave him a  plastered smile and walked off .

" I don't know how she is going to adjust after marriage " Kairaav commented as Mimi , Swarna and Manish looked worriedly at Aarohi's retriating figure .

In middle of this commotion they missed to notice that another person in the family has also slipped out of the house through the back enterance.

**************************************

Akshara caught an auto and followed Aarohi's car . After a good 45 minutes ride, Aarohi stopped her car in front of the park and went inside.

Akshara payed the auto fare and went inside the park and searched for Aarohi for quite a while. Being a huge park, it was becoming a difficult task to spot her sister.

Giving up hope, Akshara was about to walk out of the park when she saw Aarohi standing at a corner of the park and talking to a lean tall guy who looked her age. Hiding herself behind the railing,  she tried to tap into their conversation.