Chapter 1

Abhinav sat in the backseat of his Rolls Royce  as his driver Vinay was riding through the streets of Udaipur to Abhinav's residence. Vinay was suprised to see his workaholic boss who during the car rides kept himself busy by either talking to someone or working on his laptop now deeply lost in his thoughts.

" Sir,  is everything fine?" Vinay questioned in a concerned tone.

" Yeah, all fine " Abhinav passed a little smile to his trusted aide looking through the rear view mirror.

But his heart knew, not everything was fine.

17 years ago, when he was just 10 he lost his father in an car accident.  Coming from a royal family based in Kasauli , money was never an issue to them.  But once his father died, he had seen how his relatives, the so called vultures,  had tried to snatch their property pretending to help . Some attempted to get his mother's signature on stamp papers , while some attempted to steal valuables right under their nose.  Heck, one even proposed remarriage to his mother so they could lay hands on the inheritance.

But his mother Gayathri Sharma, knowing their intentions distanced all of them. Fearing if they stayed in Kasauli there may be attempts on his life , she moved closer to her paternal home in Udaipur. Overnight , he had to let go of the child that he was and transform into the man of his house,  standing up to protect his mother, elder sister and grandmother.

Right from that day, he had only one goal , to expand his family buisness.  He completed his degree , and took on the reins of Sharma industries from his mother. He even started his own venture, Sharma constructions which is now the leading architect firm in all of western India.

Everything was going smoothly on his life as he had planned, until one day his mother started pressurizing him to marry. He tried to delay as much as he could,  but after a year she started becoming adamant and giving emotional threats. He had to give in atlast , afterall his mother meant the world to him. If she hadn't stayed strong and tried to run the Sharma empire on her own , they might have simply lost everything.  He was forever indebted to her.

Coming to the matter at hand , he was getting engaged tomorrow to the girl she chose for him. Doctor Aarohi Goenka. His mother had shown him her picture , and truthfully,  she looked pretty and obviously being a doctor brainy too. One more thing he liked about her was that since she was a doctor,  she would also be busy with her profession,  not troubling him much .

He had spoken with her two weeks back on the phone before conforming the alliance.  She was a girl of few words,didn't seem overly clingy or desperate.  She just answered his questions in brief, never even asked anything on her side. He felt weird,  but pushed the thought to the back of his head thinking she must have been shy .

His mind was now having a whirlwind of emotions. After his father's death, he was never able to believe anyone other than his immediate family. He did date a couple of girls at college , but all of that was just a fling nothing serious.  Now getting committed to a girl for life , seemed to an uphill task.

Will he able to accept her as a part of his life? Will she be able to get on grips with his hectic life? What would be expected out of him ?

His thoughts were broken as Vinay pressed on the horn as his car passed into the gates of the Sharma mansion.

" Beta.. come in.. look Muskaan arrived today morning " Gayathri said as soon as he reached the main door.

" Hi di... where is jeeju?" Abhinav asked his elder sister who had come for his engagement from the states.

" Well,  he asked to convey his apologies . He  has an important meeting this week , he will join for the wedding " Muskaan said sheepishly .

" No worries di, I understand work always takes priority . Champ, come here give Mammu a hi- five" Abhinav said and moved on to playing with Muskaan's three year old son .