Chapter 2

Akshara woke up next day morning and went for a jog. When she returned back, she saw the elders of the house sitting in the hall along with the wedding planner  .

" Sir, we have checked over everything catering, decorations, and the podium .. everything is finalized and will be set up by afternoon. The only thing we have to finalize is the ring. We made it in the design you have chosen . If you could call the bride,  we can check if it fits .  " the planner informed.

" Kairaav, call Aarohi" Manish instructed.

" Papa, she left to the hospital.  She isn't at home right now " Kairaav informed not taking his eyes away from the phone.

" Who goes to work on their engagement day" Manish shook his head.

" Sir,  we made it in the size you have mentioned.  But it will be better if we check once before the ceremony " the planner insisted.

" Hmm.. Akshu.. come here.." Mimi called as Akshara was walking up to her room.

" Manish I remember the ring size of both Aaru and Akshu being the same when I got them the pearl rings last year.  If it fits in her hand, it will fit Aaru too" Suhaasini conveyed her idea.

" Ji ma, i guess it will have to do" Manish passed the ring to Akshara who hesitatantly wore the ring and it fit her perfectly. For a minute, she let herself adore it.

Akshara took it off immediately, gave it back to the designer and left to her room

**************************************

The house was decorated like a shining  bride for the engagement.  With fairy lights covering all the sides,  and red carpet spread from the enterance all the way to the silver themed podium set up at the middle of the hallway , Goenkas made sure to leave no stone unturned.

They had to make a lasting impression to the Sharmas who held more power in Udaipur's buisness arena.

Akshara got ready in the blue lehenga she had purchased yesterday , draping the dupatta to one shoulder. She opted to keep her makeup minimal and  curled her hair at the ends to get a wavy look.

Placing  a small bindi on her forehead she walked out of her room to check on the person of importance.

She entered Aarohi's room to see her sister sprawled on her bed texting in her PJ's.

" Di,  You haven't got ready yet? " Akshara couldn't hide the astonishment in her voice.

" knock Akshara.. how many times do I have to remind you?" Aarohi reprimanded locking her phone.

" Sorry di.. but Mimi said the groom's family will be here in another half an hour. And you are still not dressed!"

Aarohi turned around and gave a head to toe glance to Akshara.

" Looks like you are more interested in this engagement than me.. why don't you get hitched instead of me?" Aarohi walked up to Akshara , her question leaving Akshara stunned.

" Breathe behna! I was kidding! I will go ,get ready and come. " She picked up her lehenga and went inside the restroom to change.

After some time,  Akshara again heard the restroom door click as Aarohi walked out wearing a baby pink lehenga, looking pretty as ever.

She proceeded to her dressing table to put on some makeup as Akshara who was still now sitting on the lone chair in her room walked up to her.

" Di, shall I?" She offered to do her makeup.