Chapter 6

Hi all, sorry for the long gap. I am back and will be updating regularly.

Akshara made it her job keeping a close eye on Aarohi at all times. To her amazement , Aarohi got so involved in the wedding preparations.

She went on a shopping spree that night along with her and got ethnic dresses to wear after the wedding, which she hated so much. She even spent time along with the family discussing about the preparations. Akshara also felt relieved about how she mostly stayed off her phone.

Two days rolled quicker as the day of haldi came. Goenka mansion was adorned with marigolds and yellow drapes making it glow. Akshara wore a orange suit looked at Aarohi descended the steps wearing a stunning yellow lehenga . Akshara watched her happily as this was the first event of the marriage that her sister had gotten ready herself without anyone having to push her.

Suhasini warded the evil eyes off her as Swarna applied a black dot behind her ears.

" Namaste samandh ji" they heard a voice coming from the doors as they saw Gayathri and Muskaan standing at the door along with little Viaan  .

" Aree.. ayiye ayiye Gayathri ji.. Muskaan..  ayiye..  " Swarna welcomed them as they stepped into the house.

" Aree.. chote rajkumar ji toh sogaye!" Suhaasini caressed Viaan's head who was sleeping on Muskaan's shoulder.

" Wo.. he hasn't still gotten out of jetlag yet.." Muskaan made an excuse.

After exchanging pleasantries, both the families gathered in the hall where a mini stage was erected for haldi.

" Samandhi ji.. where is Jamai sa? Is he coming separately?" Manish asked confused at the groom's absence.

" Abhinav..?.. sorry ji.. I should have forgotten to tell you but in our custom , the bride and the groom shouldn't see face to face atleast for a week before marriage . We have kept haldi for him at our house itself " Gayathri explained.

Goenkas nodded their head with sulken faces accepting their custom.

" So Jeeju won't come for mehendi too? But who will search for the name in the mehendi.. where's the fun in all this?" Ved , the little cousin of Akshara,whined.

" Haan.. Haan..  then mehendi would be so boring. Aunty please bring Jeeju on Mehendi na!" Vansh , brother of Ved supported him.

" Par ...beta.. " Gayathri felt bad to break the kid's heart.

" Aunty.. if you don't take me wrong can I suggest something..?" Akshara asked seeing the fallen faces.

" Yes beta.. bolo na" Gayathri asked.

" Aunty.. if your only problem is the bride and groom not facing each other, then we can make Aarohi wear a chunni over her head.  " Akshara suggested.

Goenka's faces brightened with her idea as they looked expectantly at Gayathri.

" Hmm.. this is also a good idea.. ok..don't you worry.  I will bring Abhinav on that day. But Aarohi you can't let your chunni slip even for a minute beta.. it's considered a bad omen" Gayathri advised as Aarohi nodded enthusiastically.

Gayathri smiled at both the sisters caressing both their heads with love.

" Ok let's complete today's function now within the auspicious time" Suhaasini said looking at the clock .

" Haan.. yes maa ji.. Akshara take Aarohi and make her sit on the decorated stool." Swarna commanded .

"Samandhi ji.. here is the shagun ka haldi . In our custom , the groom's sister must apply the haldi first " Gayathri said passing a parcel to Swarna.

" Ji.. ji.. zaroor.. " she took the haldi and prepared it on a silver bowl.

" Muskaan.. apply this to Aarohi" Gayathri said as Muskaan took some haldi in her right hand

" Maa can you hold him.. " Muskaan said pointing to a sleeping Viaan on her shoulder.

" Give him to me beta .. you ladies would have to apply haldi to Aarohi one after another.. I will keep champ with me till then" Manish said going in between taking Viaan into his arms .

Muskaan passed the kid and spread haldi in both her hands and walked on the podium to apply it to Aarohi when Aarohi's phone rang next to her.

" One minute" Aarohi bent down to pick up her phone while Muskaan's hand was still in air .

At the same time, Viaan who woke up disturbed by the exchange of hands looked at the strange man holding him.

Terrified he looked around,  since everyone was facing the podium he couldn't find any familiar faces . He looked at the podium and saw Akshara in a half knelt position next to Aarohi  .

Relived to see atlast a person known to him,he started fighting Manish's hold and wiggled out. Before Manish could catch him again he ran with all his might to Akshara jumping on her.

Akshara whose concentration was wholly on Aarohi and Muskaan was taken aback by Viaan jumping on her as she lost her balance. She hugged Viaan to safeguard him from the fall

As she was about to hit the ground,  she felt a hand came below the side of her face to lessen the impact of the fall. She felt something wet and cold on her left cheek.

" Viaan...Akshara.. are you both okay?" Akshara heard Muskaan's voice above her .

Gayathri picked up Viaan as Muskaan held Akshara's hand and helped her stand properly.

" viaan is okay.. Akshara beta.. are you hurt ?" Gayathri asked concerned.

" I'm fine Aunty.. but I can't feel any pain but there is something wet on my cheek. Am I bleeding? " She asked touching her cheek and looked at her hand as her eyes widened in shock .

The shagun ka haldi was now smeared on the left part of her face and some was on her hands where Muskaan caught to help her stand.

Akshara could see all the eyes around her widen too.

' All this can't be a mere coincidence!' Gaythri's already confused mind started a war within her.

Aarohi too stood up after hanging up her phone .

" I want to go to Akshara Aunty.... leave me" Viaan broke the silence ran from Gayathri back to Akshara .

" Viaan.. because of you Akshara already fell down.." Muskaan raised her voice as he clung to Akshara's leg.

" Di.. let him be na.. come here Viaan.." she said lifting him in her arms.

" Look.. Viaan has some haldi stains too.. I will go clean him and myself.. you guys continue the function" she said fleeing away from the podium.

As the function ended with any further distruption,everyone was happy expect both the matriarches.

Gayathri's mind was in a storm of confusion while Swarna's mind was in distress. She could see what Gayathri could too and she wasn't going to let Akshara take away what was Aarohi's.

Precap:
Abhinav - Akshara - Neil meet 😅

**************************************

Leave your love for the story in comments and votes guys ❤️