Chapter 4

CHAPTER FOUR

ABIGAIL

"Where is she? We are going to be late!" Arthur said to Zander, as they both stood at the bottom of the stairs waiting.

The little girl finally appeared at the top of the stairs, "Sorry that I'm late, they would not let me go until they were sure that I was king and queen worthy," she said with a giggle as she came down the stairs.

Both Arthur and Zander's jaws dropped as their eyes locked onto her. She looked like royalty. She most definitely did not look like the girl they saw in the forest.

Now, both Zander and Arthur had seen lots of girls at the balls, all dressed up in their pretty gowns. But out of them all, even the princesses, she look more like royalty than anyone they had ever seen including all the princesses combined.

"Is everything okay?" She asked as she got closer to them.

"Um...um yes, everything is fine," Zander stammered as he held out his arm.

"Well that's good," she said with a smile as she put her hand on his arm.

The girl, alongside Zander and Arthur walked down the long hallway to the dining room where the king and queen were waiting for them.

The two big doors swung wide open for them and as they walked in, the queen's face changed from anticipation to anger. She was shocked. This was not the girl she remembered on the bloody table in the doctor's room, instead, she thought she was looking at a different person.

Zander and Arthur bowed and the girl curtsied, at the same time.

The queen stood up, looked at them, and then she spoke. "What is this? What are you trying to do? This is not the girl I saw two months ago!"

Then the girl spoke up, "You have seen me before? When? All the people I have seen since I've been here is the king, Zander, Arthur, and Hector. But, when did you see me?" the girl asked looking puzzled.

"Oh my goodness, it is you!" The queen exclaimed. Then she changed her tone, "You look very lovely tonight! And where did you get that beautiful dress?" The queen asked with a great big smile.

The little girl replied, "Zander and Arthur got it for me. They gave it to me when I woke up, and by the way, the beds here are amazing! And everything is just so big! I love it here, but I wouldn't want to get in anyone's way. "

"Oh no, you are not in the way at all! To be honest, I love having you here and I would love for you to stay with us."

"What?????" Zander, Arthur, and the king said all at the same time?

They had thought that the queen would send her away as soon as she saw her, but instead, the queen invited her to stay. They didn't know how to react, when the queen asked her to sit across the table from her.

After they had all sat down to dinner, the queen began to speak, "I am Queen Ellyn. What is your name my little one?" The queen asked with a gentle smile.

No one had ever thought to ask her that, even Zander didn't know what her name was. The room grew quite; all eyes were on her and they all wanted to know what her name was.

"My name?" She began, then she hesitated,

"Well, no one has asked me that, so I guess I should tell you may name," she said as she looked down on the table.

"My name is..." She hesitated again.

Everyone moved in a little closer to her. She felt the tension in the room, making her even more nervous.