chapter 7

Hi everyone. ^-^

I just up dated one through seven, these updates are the official final edited chapters. Unfortunately this means that there well be no more updates at all. I am on chapter 24 with the final edit so that's really good news for you guys. Once I am done with editing all 42 chapters I well be sending it in to get published and then you all can read it. I can not wait, I am just so excited. When it does get published I would love to hear all of your thoughts. So please don't be afraid to message me when you finish reading the whole thing.   

Don't forget to vote ^-^    

and as always enjoy. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 7

The stranger

"You're Highness," One of the maids whispered to the king.

"Yes?" He replied.

The king and queen were in the Throne Room discussing matters related to the massacre of Abigail's village and the recent violence from King Rupert's soldiers.

The maid continued, "The girl, known as Abigail, is back from her walk in the market."

"Well, how did it go?" The king asked with excitement.

The maid hesitated, "Not good, Your Highness," She didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, but she had to tell him.

"WHAT!!!!!?" King Victor looked startled as he raised his voice. "How.... What....? What do you mean by, 'not good'? Is she okay?"

The maid was a little afraid and she took a step back.

"Speak up!" The king demanded furiously. "She just got strong enough to go outside! And now something else had happened to her?"

"Well," the maid began hesitantly. She was shaking and couldn't catch her breath.

"Tell me, now!" The king demanded again.

She took a deep breath and summoned all of her courage and began to tell the king what happened.

"Well Your Highness," she began as she took in a deep breath. "Zander got knocked out in the village and Abigail was captured, but she escaped. She ran all the way to the castle gates, but there was a man that jumped out of the bushes and stopped her from reaching the gates. Someone said they knew each other, but he still hurt her."

"How did this man hurt her?" The king asked, looking very concerned.

The maid hesitated and then she replied, "I'm not sure, Your Highness. That's all I know."

"I'm going to get to the bottom of this, myself," The king muttered as he stood up. He turned to his wife and excused himself.

"I will be right back," he said as he hurried out of the room.

The king climbed the steps to the wooden door that blocked the last set of stairs which led to Abigail's room. The door was locked forcing him to knock. At first he was angry that he was locked out of her room in his own castle, but then he realized, it was for her protection.

He shouted, "Open this door, in the name of the King."

The guard went down to the door. "Who goes there?" He asked.

"It is I, King Victor. Let me in at once!" The king demanded.

"Yes Sir," The guard answered as he opened the door.