The Beginning - part 2

Ok let's see here, I've got everything I think! I walk down the now busy street past the markets. I've been out for some time the sun has reached the middle of the sky and is now falling. As I walk I see the sign to the books store, I still have plenty of time to kill might as well take a look. I walk in and am hit with the beautiful colors of the books, the smell of the paper and ink. A older man is sitting at the counter, I wave as he looks up from his book. I head to the plant and nature books, my sister had always been interested in those types of things. She had her own book written with information taken from all the books she had read, and everytime I enter the store I look for a new one for her. I have yet to finish my book, but she's been complaining about not having the time to get a new one for herself. I drag my fingers across the books reading each of the spines. None of them spark my interest, they all seem to be the same copy's of the books my sister already owns, or are very similar. I walk to the man behind the counter whose nose is still buried in the pages of a book named, The Ages of Geography.
"Excuse me sir?"
He places his finger on the page to save his place.
"Yes."
"Do you have anymore books about plants that may not be on display?"
"Have any types of plants in mind?"
"Maybe... ancient plants?"
"In the back there may be a few. Go take a look."
He looks back down into his book. I walk to a door on his right that leads to a room. The room has some book shelves but also creates of what look like new books, probably just shipped from another kingdom or town. I start looking through the books on the shelves first running my hand along the spines. I read just about anything that has to do with geography, history, and from time to time a book about animals. Nothing on these shelves that interests me however. I turn to the create, the lid has already been pried off. I slide it over, and a smell of pages and dust hit my face. Yeah I was definitely wrong about these being new. However it is from another kingdom, the kingdom of Cernio. As I shuffle through the books making a pile beside me of ones that I have no interest in, I come across one that grabs my attention. Secrets of the Wings, the book is a faded dark brown color with silver corners, a silhouette of a dragon is on the front. I flip through the pages, with each one I am met with a new creature and information on them. The information ranges from things such as what they eat, where they are found, and how to survive them. I tell to the man at the front.
"Excuse me sir do you know anything about this book? It's called the Secretes of the Wings?"
"Oh that book, yeah I saw it while I was looking around back there. Most of the creatures in that book are either rare to find, extinct, or never existed in the first place, a myth."
"Do you know where it came from?"
Well it was shipped in from the kingdom Cerino, they say King Lane himself read it. However I'm not sure where it originally comes from, but it's been estimated to be quite old. Isn't it amazing the condition it's still in?"
By this point the man has made his way to the door frame and is watching me flip though the pages.
"Yeah, it is amazing."
"Here let me take it from you and put it up front while you keep looking."
"Huh-"
"What do you mean huh? I assumed if you asked about it you would like to check it out wouldn't you?"
"Oh yeah, I would thanks."
He grabs the book from me and walks out of the room.
"I'll give you a bag to carry it in so you won't worry about messing it up. Just let me know when you find that plant book you wanted."
Oh crap I almost forgot about Maisy!
I continue to look through the books, being a little less picky this time. Any old book she hasn't read should do right? I shuffle through 3 or 4 before picking up a book called Ancestor Plants. This should be about old plant right, the name suggests it?
I walk to the front with the book in hand.
"How much do I owe you?"
"10 for the plant book, and just bring the old book back in one piece when your done. I don't think anyone is gonna be checking it out anytime soon so take your time."
I hand the man 15 silver and head on my way, I can tell he wanted to hand the 5 extra back but he was helpful and I won't let that go un appreciated. I walk out the store and begin walking home.