The Beginning - part 6

Yes! Your- a hand grabs my shoulder. In an instants I am whipped around. Without thinking I shove the person to the ground, taking my bag off my shoulder to hit the stranger. When I look down I see familiar curly blond hair.
"Don't sneak up on a girl like that! I thought I was being kidnapped!"
"Well then don't go wandering off into the woods with a big mysterious bag."
I look down at the boy, being able to make out his face for the first time. His green eyes are looking right at me in an annoyed expression. I never realized how tall he was from watching him train. He's not trying to get up, he's staying still, staring at me. I get so lost in his stare I almost forget about why I'm here. I whip my head around and am met with its beautiful yellow eyes. Still there, that's good. I start to hear voices approach our direction.
"MASON! WHERE ARE YOU!?!?"
No, no, no! They're gonna scare it!
I start running through the woods following the noise. I see the person yelling, and reach my arms out making contact with his face. I cover his mouth and pull him into what is almost a head lock. He grabs my arm pulling me down onto my back, I hit the ground hard. When I look up I see a boy with jet black hair looking down at me, and he looks pissed.
"What. The. Fuck" his voice is deep. Angry.
"You need to shut up! You can't be yelling like that!"
Another voice emerges from behind him.
"We are in a forest. Who cares if we yell?"
The boy walks up beside his friend, putting a hand on his soldier to push him back. His friend steps back and I can see who it is. That annoying brown haired boy from the training grounds.
"I care!"
I hiss back. Why did they follow me. Do they know?
"Well clearly. You made the mistake of trying to put Roman here in a head lock. I know you've seen us train."
Roman? I've heard that name before, at the tavern.
"Leo shut it."
I start to hear footsteps approach from behind me, I turn my head to see the blond boy. From what they were yelling I assume his name is Mason.
"Guys. You may wanna come see this."
The boys take off running in the direction he came from. What? Wait. OH CRAP! I grab my bag and start running after them. My back aches from where I got thrown to the ground, but I don't dare stop. I have to stop them before they turn it in! When I get to where the dragon laid I see the boys crouched, whispering. I stop to take a deep breath, it's uneven shaky, I can't tell if it's from getting the wind knocked out of me or fear. Could be both. I approach the three boys and crouch beside the black headed boy, Roman. I start rummaging in my bag for the food I grabbed from the tavern and bring it out.
"What in the name of the gods are you doing." He turns to me grabbing my wrist. I rip my hand away.
"Don't touch me. I'm gonna feed it."
"Why? So you can have it as a pet!?"
"Maybe."
The three boys turn to me their eyes large. The brown headed boy, Leo I assume, speaks up.
"We'll be my guest I would love to see how this goes."
"I will."
I step carefully around the bush we were couched behind going slow and steady, my back still aching not enjoying being hunched over. The creature looks up at me his head still covered by its tail, yet it doesn't back away. It just stares. I sit  down crossing my legs. I grab a peace of meat, tare of a piece and throw it towards the dragon. It doesn't budge. I hear a snicker from behind me, I turn around, shooting a pissed glance at Leo. His snickers stops. That's right. Shut you mouth- however he didn't stop laughing because of me but because of the dragon. When I turn back it's lifting its tail from over its head, its eyes darting back and forth from me to the piece of beef laid a few inches in front of it.
"Go ahead. It's for you!"
He shots forward grabbing the beef and then runs back to where it laid. However this time it stays up, sitting, staring, at my bag.
"You want more?"
I open up my bag, grabbing the slab of beef. I rip of a piece and toss it. Then another, then another. Each time the dragon shots out to eat it, but every-time it goes back it's slightly closer to me. Soon it is sitting but an arms length away from me. It's beautiful eyes no longer show fear, but curiosity, and hunger. I grab another piece of meat and place it in my hands. I hadn't even noticed my intense breathing until now, I begin to clam it. I relax my body in hopes to relax the creature. Then I stick out my hand with the meat in it. It jumps back a bit, startled by the movement, but then it approaches. Inch by Inch until it's close enough to eat it. And it begins eating. I look back at the three boys, specifically Leo and smile a wipe, grinning smile. An, I've done it, smile. It drags the meat from my hand onto the ground and begins devouring it. I grab my book and search frantically though the pages until I find it. And I begin to read.