Extra: Mission SuperBat

"Are you sure? I thought you hated him?" Dick looked nervous.

He had a good reason to be nervous. Since finding out about the Ivy Poison situation, the others have been oddly determined to get the two powerhouses together. Even Damien wanted to help!

The ex-assassin scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"I find his perfect persona, as both Superman and Clark Kent, to be annoying and unnatural. However..." He shifted, looking uncomfortable. "He made Father happy... Those photos... Father hasn't smiled like that before... He deserves to be happy, even if that means being with an alien."

Dick frowned, pinching the bridge of his nose. He couldn't believe it! They found those!

The photos in question were from the multiple dates and training sessions that Bruce and Clark had done. Dick, being the little shit he was when he was younger, had taken 'blackmail' photos of the two looking happy and like a normal couple. He thought he had hid those after the whole ordeal!

"Look, it'll be just one date. Get them talking, let them see where to go." Connor placed a hand on his friend's shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze.

The first Robin still didn't look convinced. They both had been doing so well with their therapy... Would this date ruin it and make the two actually hate each other?!

"Ow! Hey!" Dick whipped his head to glare at Jason, who was scowling at him.

"Get out of your head, Dickface. They still have a choice, and they're supposed to be adults." He rolled his eyes at that. "If they still like each other, but are too cowardly to talk, then we're just helping." He huffed.

The first Robin looked at all the faces, even Megan's near begging one. He was not only outvoted, but the puppy dog eyes everyone was giving him broke him.

"Fine. But if they turn into enemies, I'm blaming all of you." He gave them a pointed glare that nearly rivaled his adoptive father's.

Still they agreed. Then it came to planning the event, on the promise no one would spy! This had to be something natural and alone for them. No sneaking, no spying through any means, and no camouflaging as a different person or trying to use super hearing. Nothing. This is going to be a regular date.

The planning was simple, given the fact that Dick knew the two wouldn't go for anything extremely fancy and Bruce would see something complex a mile away. No, it had to be simple and easy to follow, even for them. It also had to be easy to abandon should things go wrong, even for their "prey".

So, a weekend later, Bruce was dressed in simple black jeans and a nice soft blue turtleneck, walking into a peaceful diner. Instantly, he spotted Clark and his heart picked up. Not a lot, but enough for the Man Of Steel to turn around.

Their blue eyes met and both of their faces flushed. This was the first time in years they had spotted each other outside of their personas.

Stealing a glance around the room, the billionaire moved to the waiting Kryptonian. His mouth felt dry and his hands clammy. Did he smell right? He hoped he did.

"Kent..." The name felt strange on his tongue, his body sliding into the booth across from the farmer.

"Wayne." Was the croaked response.

Bruce wrinkled his nose, his only sign of discomfort. Then he looked up, and was almost startled to find those gorgeous blue eyes gazing at him with such gentleness and love. The same gentleness and love like when he was poisoned.

"I think our kids found out." He could barely breathe these words out.

Clark nodded.

Silence dominated their booth, letting the clinking and low chatter of the diner fill it for them. Instead of facing each other as both adults and men, they busied themselves with the menu. Not long after the waitress came by, not the waiter that had originally sat Clark.