10- Hospital

Alexander's POV-

Jason: Got him Don. He'll be in the warehouse by evening. 

I leave the text on read. We had Robert in our custody and he'll pay for what he did to my sister. Might as well take out all the frustration and anger we'd lost over that Jacob. 

All of us were having a late breakfast when Lily entered the kitchen too. She looked at us, definitely not expecting all of us to gather here. She seemed tired, which would be understandable given she had a rough night.

I watched as she sat next to Tony without any hesitation. These two have really bonded in the few days she has been here and it gives me a satisfaction that she feels comfortable with some of us if not all.

I knew I suspected her to be abused but what she told us crushed all of us. Edward and I had a talk with her in her room before breakfast and she told us everything. How she had to work to earn some money so that she could buy herself the things she needed, why she could not eat much food, and basically how her life had been so out of control. She was getting uncomfortable talking about all this, so Edward and I decided to postpone it a little bit. In the meanwhile, we planned to get her checked up by Edward and by some other doctors. 

"Aren't you guys going to the ware-" Andy asked. He knows we're going to have Robert in our hands and these guys want to have some fun torturing him.

"We will, but later. Have something to take care of first." I replied.

"Can I call Matt here then? He's been begging for days." This time it was Tony. I swear these teenagers are a pain in the ass. You tell them no one time, and they'll beg you till you give in.

I have refrained them from calling our cousins at our home until I tell our family members that Lily's here with us. Our grandfather and uncles know, but no one else. This had to be done secretly so that no word got out that American Mafia's princess had returned. We'll have to introduce her to other people but till that time, we are making sure she's adjusting here with us.

"I've already told you no twice, Tony. Wait a few more days." 

"Ugh. Fine." He said and immediately took out his phone. That actually reminded me of something. List of things to keep in mind for today.

After everybody finished their breakfast and started to leave the table, Edward called for Lily.

"Can you stay for a little bit? We have to ask you something."

She looked reluctant but complied nonetheless. I could see she was very nervous and very quiet today, and I feared what we were going to ask her now would surely add more to those feelings.

As soon as she sat down a little far away from us, Edward and I shared a look and I gave him a nod.

"So, Lily, we wanted to ask you, well actually inform you, that we are taking you to a couple of doctors today." He said, pointing to both of us and waited for her reaction. Her brows furrowed in confusion as to what he was saying.

"But I thought you were going to check me up? You said so last night." She looked like she was on the verge of panicking which in turn confused me. Why would she get worked up about going for a check-up?

"Yes, that I will do. But there are different kinds of tests you know. I'll handle any cuts or infections you might have, but we will have to take you to the hospital for other things. Things which are not up to me." He explained slowly and carefully. He'd always been good with kids, even when he was younger. And even though he and Lily got off on a slightly rough start, I can see he's trying hard to feel her welcome.