【CHAPTER 8: DUSTIN】

Where are you?

   I WOKE up the next day with a massive headache. Napalingon ako sa paligid at napasinghap nang makitang nasa lapag pa rin ako nang deck at nakabalot ng kumot. Tumatama ang matinding sikat ng araw sa may posisyon ko kaya mainit.

I suddenly remembered what happened last night.

Tangina! Rara and I— did we do it?

Wala ako masyadong maalala dahil pakiramdam ko, lasing pa rin ako sa halik na pinagsaluhan namin. Basta ang natatandaan ko ay hinalikan ko siya kagabi.

Sapo-sapo ko ang ulo nang naglakad ako papasok sa cabin bitbit ang kumot. Natigilan ako at natulala nang makita si Rara na naghahanda ng almusal.

Gradually, her head turned in my direction. My heart suddenly went frenzied, and our eyes locked with each other. Slowly, a welcoming smile appeared on her reddish lips.

"Dustin! Hey, gising kana pala. Come, have a sit."

Hindi ako kumilos at nakatitig pa rin sa kaniya.

My eyebrows drew when I saw the way she walked— parang penguin. Her right was holding a cup of coffee, and the other was on the lower part of her back, as if it was supporting her back.

Was I too rough on her last night? Of course, idiot! That was her first!

"A-Are you okay?" Medyo utal pang tanong ko.

She looked at me and smiled a little. "Mhmm. I'm fine. I'm just feeling a little sore on my back," she answered.

My eyes widened astonishment. Tangina, kasalanan ko 'to!

Mabilis ko siyang nilapitan at inalalayan paupo. Inagaw ko rin sa kaniya ang bitbit na kape para hindi na siya mahirapan. Nagtataka ang mga mata niya na nakatuon sa'kin.

"Let me," I declared. "Maupo kana lang dyan, Aphrodite. Let me serve you," I muttered softly.

I should have been gentle to her last night. Fuck, Dustin!

"Thanks, Dustin."

Habang kumakain kami ay napapasulyap ako sa kanya. Hindi ko maiwasan hindi tignan ang mukha niya, naghahanap ng palatandaan sa nangyari kagabi.

My eyes widened when I saw evidence on the side of her neck— it was a small pinkish mark. Tangina, it was obviously a kiss mark! Fuck! 

I wanted to ask her, but I couldn't form a word. Rara acted normal during the entire breakfast. Hindi niya in-open up ang nangyari kagabi. She didn't confront me about the kiss or the make love we have shared.

Yes, I declared that what we did was make love. Dahil hindi lang basta babae si Rara sa buhay ko— she's someone's special.

Rara is someone I would treasure for the rest of my life.

The following days were like roller coaster. Days became weeks until they became months. 

Dalawang linggo ang lumipas simula nang may nangyari sa pagitan namin ni Rara. We haven't seen each other since then because of different commitments we have. Rara also has a series of shootings outside the country.

As an understanding Boy friend, I do understand her love and commitment to her craft.

Pero hindi man kami nagkikita, hindi naman kami nawawalan ng komunikasyon. We still send messages to each other even though we're continents apart.

While we're apart, I've realized a lot of things about myself— about my feelings.

I've realized that the whole time I'm with Rara, I already fell in love with her.