【CHAPTER 9: DUSTIN】

The DNA tests result

    IT'S BEEN three days since the newborn baby, and I underwent DNA tests in three ways at once: blood draw, saliva swabs, and hair analysis.

Sa ngayon, nasa pangangalaga siya nina Ate Kelsea at Tita Katarina. The baby was in Areno Medical Center for observation. It was storming when I saw him outside the mansion, and maybe he got an infection because of the rain, so he was set inside an incubator.

Not that I care about him, but my cousin kept updating me regarding the baby.

I never wish for a baby— not that I don't want but for now, I don't want it. Hindi pa ako handa sa mga responsibilidad at mas lalong ayoko na mangdagdag ng isa pang problema. I haven't fully moved on yet to Rara's disappearance. I don't need another stunt now.

Time flies so fast. It's been two weeks since I found the newborn baby outside our mansion. Ate Kelsea texted me earlier that she already had the results of the DNA test, so I couldn't help but feel jittery.

Dumiretso kaagad ako pauwi sa mansion pagkatapos ng trabaho. Luckily, my parents weren't here. They were campaigning right now in some parts of Metro Manila. Wala rin si Duke dahil nasa university pa siya.

"Hey, Dustin!" I tensely stood straight when I spotted Ate Kelsea, approaching me.

I gave her a peck on the cheeks. "The results?" I asked, almost stuttering.

Ate Kelsea took something from her tote bag, and it was a white envelope. She looked up at me, raising the envelope.

"We already gathered the result of the DNA test from different prominent hospitals in the Philippines... Here, you may read it..." She handed me the white envelope.

Umiling ako, "I don't want..." an awkward silence filled the atmosphere. "Can you read it instead, please?"

She nodded, "Whatever the result is, we are all here for you," she consoled.

Tahimik akong tumango. My heart almost jumped out of my chest as I waited for her to read the results. The anticipation was too much to bear that I could feel my insides churn.

She started opening the envelope. Then, slowly, after a couple of minutes— she looked up at me with an unidentified emotion. Mas lalo akong kinabahan sa klase ng tingin niya.

"Ate Kelsea," I called her out of nervousness.

She gave me a sympathetic look before she reached for my hand and slipped the paper between my palm. Bumaba ang mga mata ko roon, nakatulala.

"You are 99.99% matches with the newborn baby..." she announced.

Mabilis akong nag-angat ng tingin. Hindi ko agad na proseso ang sinabi niya. Parang bigla akong nabingi at tanging tibok ng puso ko na lamang ang naririnig ko. I am literally speechless. Then, the realization hit me.

"Y-You are lying! Hindi ko anak ang sanggol na 'yon!" my voice cracked.

"Dustin, the DNA test says otherwise..." she calmly said.

"No! The DNA test wasn't accurate!" Thousand of emotions gathered up inside me.

"That's bullshit, Dustin! Tatlong DNA tests na ang hawak mo, and the results were all the same— positive! He's your son!"

From being classy and calm as ever, Ate Kelsea exploded. She scowled at me as she breathed harshly.

Umigting ang panga ko at marahas na umiling.

"Something wrong must have happened with this report," I retort, trying so hard to calm down.

"If you want another DNA test, I'll do it. But this is what you need to know: we already did all types of DNA tests, from cheek swabs to hair analysis to blood draw, and they were all positive! Just accept it that you screw over!" she said before storming out of the mansion.