۰08۰ Rebel/ باغی

Zaviyar's leg shook constantly as he was leveled with the angry stare of his mother. Her fierce eyes bored daggers into his form making him squirm in his seat. He was afraid. If someone who can scare him, it is his mother. That only with her stare. Her stare consumed with anger and disappointment was enough to make him run off to the hills and hid forever in a corner where no one could ever find him. But he was unable to do that right now. Finally, those eyes darted from him and to the envelope placed in the centre of the table between them, so as to it was prominent.

"I suppose you know what's inside of it already?"

Ghazal's steel voice was pricking at his skin. Making his blood ran cold and mind frenzy.

"I guess you don't. Let's see what really is inside."

Saying that, she tore open the envelope and threw the contents out of it onto the table. The pictures fell just inches away from his fingers on the table.

"This is what you've been doing! The great Zaviyar, son of Alam Hussain, causally strolling out of a nightclub with an unknown girl wrapped around his arm. I don't need to guess who that girl was or what she does!"

Her voice rose with every word that escaped her mouth. By the end of her sentence, her breaths were heaving and she shook with anger from too to bottom. Zaviyar's dare not to connect eyes with her again. He was remorseful, but he was irritated at himself more. Normally, he's discreet about these outings. Looks like his luck ran out.

"Speak up for Heaven's sake!" He flinched inwardly as his mother hands slapped the wooden table with so much intensity it shook for a few seconds.

"I'll have it handled." He finally let the words out. A sudden scoff escaped Ghazal's lips. Shaking her head, she leveled her son with a stare

"You're not even denying it anymore."

Zaviyar hissed at the sheer disappointment in his mother's eyes. He should be used to it by now. Whatever he does, it'll never be enough to make her proud of him. She'll just find more ways to criticize him. He believed she'll change with time. He so hopefully wanted it. But, time proved to be his eye opener. She didn't change. She just advanced to a higher level where his life was nothing but a competition. A race.

He was the player. And she was his coach. And the sad fact is, she was still the coach, he just wasn't the high profile player anymore.

Eventually, his hopes died down and he
became careless. He stopped listening to her anymore and did what he felt right. Not caring how wrong it could be in someone else's eyes. To him, he was free for once to make his own decisions, no matter how wrong or stupid it was. It was his decision.

"Stop making me any more disappointed than I already am".

Ghazal's voice dipped to a more melancholy tone and regret filled his bones. He didn't ever in the world wants to see his mother sad. She was his everything. After his father betrayed her, she was not the same anymore. He took a piece of her with him.

"Make sure Ahad doesn't see it. God knows, he'll not let you take over as CEO. It's that woman's blood running in his bones. He is just as cunning as that little witch."

Her bitterness transmitted into Zaviyar's bones and he felt his fist shook. It all happened because of that son and mother. If only she hadn't entered their lives, the three of them would still be a happy family. His mother would still be the content woman he saw her before his father's second marriage. It all happened because of them.

He reined in his anger and nodded his head at his mother.

"Make sure to take Sahar out for lunch or dinner. Public appearance is important. If she doesn't want her identity known, let it be. Your face should be visible. I'll let press handle the rest."