۰19۰ Agreement/ سمجھوتا

The moment from leaving for the Nikkah function to the moment the do's were spoken, all that moment was surreal

The moment from leaving for the Nikkah function to the moment the do's were spoken, all that moment was surreal. And nothing could have prepared Ahad for the moment he heard her say those two words. He wasn't a someone big on romance. He hadn't had any girlfriends either. For him, his work was everything. Even before his father's death, he wasn't the one to be wild. He enjoyed reading books, engaging in puzzles and passing his time doing activities that could boost his brain. It wouldn't be wrong to call him a nerd because in reality he was a nerd. Not one with glasses, but with wonders of attention of mind.

But that one moment when he signed those Nikkah papers and held eye contact with his brown eyed beauty, all his senses of sanity were fluctuated. Yes, he was enchanted by her beauty. How could he not. She looked beautiful, ethereal. The white of her dress provided her with an angelic look. The way she moved with extreme elegance, gaze dropped in modesty and a sweet smile adorning her lips, she literally made him lost his breath for a moment.

He didn't approach her after the curtain thingy was removed. He wasn't sure if she would welcome his touch. They're married, but still the circumstances in which they got married weren't very....normal. Both will need time to adjust to each other.

As Ahad drank his atrocious black coffee while gazing at the view from the window, he heard his mother's footsteps behind him. He felt her presence beside him. He turned around and smiled at her. Rubina made a disgusting face at his coffee making him laugh out loud.

"I don't know how Sahar will be able to cope with your habit of drinking this bitter liquid down."

He made a face and muttered

"She hasn't even came here and you're already on her side. Where would I go?"

He put the cup onto the table and hugged his mother, nuzzling his face in his mother's neck. She patted his back and he pulled away and shook his head dejectedly. His mother was already team Bahu.

"Stop sulking now. We should head to your grandmother's. I have to see the dinner arrangements."

He nodded his head and they both walked to the main house. There were chaos in the kitchen. Rubina walked straight into the kitchen and her face immediately contorted with distaste when she saw Ghazal standing there. The maids glanced at Rubina with fearful glances, afraid that Ghazal would catch them and made them work double of their assigned work. Rubina ignored Ghazal's looming presence and walked to check the arrangements.

"I was thinking of making badami kheer for dessert. Tanzila told me Sahar loves it and Ahad loves it too."

"The menu has already been decided."

Ghazal's pointed reply made Rubina turn around to look at her. As usual, her eyebrows were drawn together and an awful frown decorated her lips.

"She's my daughter in law. I want to make her favourite dessert."