#04 | hope

(Content warnings: mild swearing and a bit of fighting)

HAEUN couldn't sleep properly the whole night. "Is it really him? I'm finally gonna be able to meet him?!?"
Her thoughts took over her, and sleep wasn't exactly on her agenda tonight.

She thought about the letters she's written to him for the past three years. She didn't know what to think of it exactly. She was happy but at the same time she could scream and cry in a corner right now.

She always thought about meeting him of course, but now that it's actually happening, she couldn't wrap her head around it.

She wasn't exactly sure when they'll meet, but she figured she would just let things happen.

She could see the warm hue of colors start to sleep through her curtain, and she turned around to pick up her phone. 5:47 am. "I should've slept more. I'm gonna look like a fricking zombie walked in the school." She groaned, covering the left side of her face with a pillow in an attempt to quiet down her thoughts.

________

Her alarm rang and disrupted her short-lived sleep. She lazily turned it off, finally deciding to get up and drag her feet to her bathroom.

After about fifteen minutes, she got out of the shower and grabbed a gray sweater and a skirt from her closet. "I guess this will do." She hurriedly put it on, noting she should be going out of her house in less than thirty minutes.

She quickly went downstairs and ate the breakfast made by her dad earlier in the morning before he went to work. She saw a sticky note, somewhat messy handwriting written on it that read: "Haeun is it ok if you go get groceries later in the nearby store? I won't have time later because of work. Thank you!"

"I'll be able to get groceries after school I guess." She sighed out, continuing to take her last bite from her sandwich.

She glanced at her watch. 6:30 am. "Shit." She quickly grabbed her backpack, put on her shoes, and rushed out of the door, making sure to lock it on the way out.

"Fuck it, the bus takes too long with all the stops. I have to get to school asap." She ran across several blocks, not wanting to waste time waiting for a bus.

Once she arrived, she hurriedly sprinted through the halls, dodging some students on the way to her first class—Science.

"Gosh, why are all the hard subjects so early in the morning. I can barely walk straight this early, let alone think straight." She groaned, still rushing past student in the hallways.