#06 | perfect present?

new notificationsinstagram • yesterdaytheraphee1, k_sunoo, & 3 others have started following you

new notifications
instagram • yesterday
theraphee1, k_sunoo, & 3 others have started following you

THE girl's eyes fluttered open. She used her right arm to cover her eyes as the sunlight seeped through the window in her room. She slightly groaned, wanting to sleep more. Luckily it was a holiday, so she could sleep more than she usually does.

However, a buzz on her phone caught her attention. Haeun furrowed her brows seeing the recent notifications on her phone. Clicking on one of the profiles, she noticed it said followed by yjw_004 and rikiii_j, so she assumed they were the friends of the two boys.

After quickly following them back, she stretched her limbs, uncovering her blanket and getting out of bed.

She trudged down the stairs, careful not to miss a step as she was still sleepy. She could smell an aroma of butter and the sound of the pan shifting on the stove as she was going down each step.

As her socked feet coming in contact with the cold floor, her dad noticed her presence and greeted her, "Good morning Haeun." He was cooking breakfast as always.

"Good morning." She smiled and sat down at the table.

"You're just in time, breakfast is ready." Her dad set down the plate of pancakes, to which Haeun muttered a thank you.

"By the way dad, how's the job? I forgot to ask you about it the past week."

"It's doing well. Luckily my boss is a lot better than my boss in my last job." He chuckled slightly to which the girl hummed, piercing another piece of her pancake with her fork and putting it in her mouth.

"By the way Haeun, uh-- I need to go out for a bit to buy groceries. I'll be back after lunch. Is it okay if you cook or buy something for your lunch? I won't have enough time to cook anything right now."

"Sure, I'll probably just make ramyeon."

After her dad went out, she washed the dishes and was about to place them in the cupboard after drying them with a towel. However, she opened the wrong cupboard as she was still not that used to the house.

"Hm..? There's still a lot of food here. I wonder why he needed to go to the grocery.." Haeun mumbled, closing the cupboard.

She decided to shrug it off, going upstairs to her bedroom.

Her fingers wrapped around the door handle, pushing it open. Her eyes landed on her phone that was on her bed that had several notifications on the screen. She decided to click the most recent one.