New Workers

Most young adults begin their lives by getting a job. Either to work experience, meeting new people, getting a place to live, which Mordecai loved, or money, which is what encouraged his best friend, Rigby, to join him. That, and quality bro time.

The tall blue jay and short brown raccoon got off the bus and the bus stop was conveniently just outside the Park, the place they chose to work at.

Mordecai and Rigby walked through the Park's entrance, as a golf cart was driving over to the boys. In it was Pops, a skinny moustached man with a black top hat on his large, spherical, pink head.. something that Rigby was amused by.

When Rigby nudged Mordecai and silently emphasised the largeness of Pops' head, his taller best friend punched him. Whether it was to wind each other up or scold them for something, the two would often punch each other in the arm. But it certainly hurt Rigby a lot more than Mordecai.

Sat beside Pops in the cream golf cart was somebody who Mordecai and Rigby, especially Mordecai, were glad see again - Melanie Valentine, a goth-dressed girl who went to their high school.

Melanie was the one who encouraged Mordecai and Rigby to try working at the Park, since it had been her job since high school. She and Mordecai had a few classes together, including art, his favourite, and was often taunted by the nasty volleyball jocks for possibly having a crush.

Nevertheless, Mordecai and Rigby were glad to reunite with a familiar face. Handshakes and fist bumps were exchanged before Pops offered the boys a butterscotch ripple lollipop each.

Melanie quickly urged Mordecai and Rigby to accept Pops' gifts, since she had known the friendly man to be quite sensitive about almost everything.

With the introductions out of the way, Melanie and Pops showed Mordecai and Rigby the large teal house in the centre of the Park. It was beautiful!

The house was obviously just for the Park workers, and it was where Mordecai and Rigby would be living

The house was obviously just for the Park workers, and it was where Mordecai and Rigby would be living. Melanie and Pops, too - they had their own rooms inside. The boss's office was also in the house, as well as a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom, of course, a nearby meat locker, a computer room, a garage, a basement and an attic.