CH 09: Those Who Yearn for the God's Gaze

When Luffy, Lumine, and Paimon moved forward in the direction where the other Swordfish members were. Luffy then suddenly sensed a mysterious power with his Haki Obverastion.

Luffy: !

Lumine: What's wrong Luffy?

Luffy ignored them and started to run.

Paimon: Hey Luffy come back!

Lumine: We should probably check on him before it gets worse.

Paimon: Yep.

Lumine and Paimon quickly follow Luffy until they stop when Luffy stops.

Paimon: Luffy! You're heading in the wrong direction-

Before Paimon could say her sentence, they then noticed a sword that seemed to be on the edge of the ground. Luffy headed towards the sword.

 Luffy headed towards the sword

Paimon: Is that a katana? But why would a sword be here for all places?

Lumine: I don't know...

Luffy picks up the katana as he glares at it.

Luffy: (This feeling... It's just like...)

Paimon: Maybe someone lost it?

Lumine: No... Before Luffy picks it up, it looks like someone put it here on purpose...

Luffy: Cool sword! I'm gonna take it! It's really samurai-ish!

Paimon: Do you even know how to use a sword Luffy?

Luffy: Nope, Let's go!

Lumine and Paimon sweatdropped as Luffy continued forward.After they arrived at their next destination, they spoke to the two members of Swordfish 2

Squad Leader: Ah, you must be the new captains of Swordfish 2. Excellency briefed us in advance. Your reputation precedes you, and the Appointment Letter is all in order. But I still have my doubts...

Paimon: Hmm? About what?

Squad Leader: I'll be straight with you. I want to know whether you have what it takes to lead us.

Paimon: You mean... Like a duel?

Luffy: So it's like a test?

Veteran: Normally, a duel would be the quickest way to settle the question. But this time, we've got a better way. We're stationed here because of all the ronin causing trouble in these parts. If you can get rid of them for us, we'll take that as a measure of your strength.