A Blue Streak

Outside of the clocktower, Jen and Katie were sweeping away the leaves. "I think this place is going to work out." said Jen.

"Yeah." said Katie.

A car pulls up with Wes at the wheel and Zoey beside him. "Hey, hey!" Wes called out.

"Wow." said Trip as get steps down the ladder.

"Now, this...this is looking great!" said Wes.

"Thanks!" said Katie.

"It looks good." said Zoey.

"Think so?" asked Sarah.

"Yeah, I do."

"Any signs of Ransik?" Wes asked Jen.

"No. Everything's quiet." said Jen. Lucas then walks over to Wes' car.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Wes asked him from the passenger side. "It's the latest model. How'd you like to take her for a spin?"

"Really?" asked Lucas.

"Sure." said Wes as he gets into the car. He then takes the keys out of his pocket. "So, this...this is called a key."

"Oh, okay."

"Take it."

"Oh. A key."

"You put the key in here, and turn it like this."

Wes showed him how to start the car. "Whoa! This is cool!" said Lucas as the others start laughing.

"And that pedal there, that's the accelerator. It makes you go forward, and the other is the brake. It makes you stop."

"Go, stop, go, stop." said Lucas. "I think I've got it."

"See? You've got nothing to be afraid of." said Wes.

"Hey, Wes doesn't know that Lucas is a championship racecar driver, doesn't he?" asked Trip.

"No, but I bet he's about to find out." said Katie.

"Oh no." Zoey said, with a fearful look on her face.

"Now just ease it into gear. We're going to pull up..." Wes started saying when Lucas had put on his racing gloves. "What are those for?"

"Racecar driving." Lucas simply said.

"What?" Wes asked in shock and Lucas takes off with him. Zoey looks down at the tire tracks left by Wes' car before looking over at the others.

"In this timeline, unless you're at Daytona Beach and racing for Nascar, Lucas is going to get himself in trouble." she tells them. "Or better yet, he's going to end up landing my brother in the hospital with a concussion and possibly broken bones."

In the city, Lucas sped down the street with Wes hanging on for dear life. "Look out!" shouted Wes and Lucas dodges the yellow trash can. "Lucas, stop!"

But Wes' warning came too late. Lucas drove past a land rover and ran a red light. They sped past a cop car which then turned on its lights. "Oh...man." said Wes as he sees the cop car behind them. "Great. Now you've done it."

Lucas pulls over and a police officer steps out of his vehicle. "Driver's license, please." said the officer. Lucas then takes out his license and hands it to the officer.

"My name is Lucas Kendall. I am a certified racecar driver." said the card. The officer chuckles as he throws it back at Lucas. "Very funny." he said. "Let's see, now...speeding, reckless driving, illegal lane change and driving without a driver's license..."

"Hey, just be glad he didn't see you run that red light." Wes said to Lucas but apparently the officer heard him.

"And running a red light." added the officer as he finished writing the ticket and hands it to Lucas. "Need to get yourself a driver's license, young man."