A Parting of Ways

"Time Force!" shouted Wes as he kicks a mutant in the chest before throwing punches. The mutant reveals its DNA and begins to grow.

"Circuit, we need help!" said Wes.

"You got it. Time Flyers online." said Circuit and the Time Flyers arrived. The mutant took its shot and fired at the rangers.

"Jet Mode now!" shouted Wes. They created a funnel, causing the wind to knock the mutant off its feet and the Time Flyers formed the Megazord. Punching the mutant, the mutant was thrown back, crashed into a building before landing on the ground.

"Full power! Ya!"

The mutant runs towards them. "Your time's up." said Wes as the sides of the saber fall into place and the mutant goes back into its cryogenic state.

Sitting at the window of the clock tower, Wes looks out into the city as Jen walks up to him. "Something on your mind?" she asked.

"I'm just thinking." said Wes. "You know, it's funny how, when you least expect it, your life can suddenly take such amazing turns."

"You mean, like becoming a ranger?" asked Jen.

"Yeah."

"Well, I'm glad life's so funny." Jen tells him. "You're a great red ranger."

"Really?" asked Wes as he gets out of the window. "You think I'm great?"

"Who thinks you're great?" asked Zoey as she drops her backpack on the table with a 'thump'.

"Jen thinks I am." he tells his sister.

"You're kidding, right?" asked Zoey.

"Well, yeah." said Jen. "You're pretty good."

"Whoa, you just said 'great', not just pretty good." said Wes.

"Well, I meant above average." said Jen. "Barely."

"Oh, this is better than the day I had." said Zoey.

"Barely?" asked Wes as Jen walks off. "Wait a sec."

Out in the city, kids were playing baseball in the park. "Now, of course you will be taking my place at biolab..." Mr. Collins said to Wes as they walked to the limo.

"Yes, sir." said Wes.

"And you need to be ready, and Harvard's an excellent university." said Mr. Collins.

"Yes, sir." Wes said again.

"But, son, listen to me. There's no substitute for experience." his father tells him and a boy with a baseball bat hits the ball. "Listen..." said Mr. Collins but was interrupted when the ball hits the front of the car.

"Nice hit." said Philips, impressed by the hit.

"This is why I would rather play sports than play violin and ballet." said Zoey, standing next to him. The boy runs up to Wes and his dad, who was now holding the ball.

"Sorry, mister." said the boy.

"Do you know what I think?" Mr. Collins asked the young boy. "I think I'm going to keep this. Let this be a lesson to you."

The boy looked distraught when he didn't hand over the ball. "Go on. Get out of here." said Mr. Collins. "Go on."

The other kids groaned when the boy couldn't get the ball back. "Dad, he's just a kid." said Wes.

"He's just a kid who learned a lesson." said Mr. Collins then tossed the ball to Wes. "I'll see you at dinner. Throw this in the trash."

Soon as the limo drove off, Wes called out to the group, "Hey kid!" They turned around and Wes motioned for the young boy. He tossed the ball back to him. "Hit a homer." said Wes.