SCARED OF THE DARK

SCARED OF THE DARK

I'm not scared, not at all
Why would a star, a star ever be afraid of the dark?
____________________________________

The next few days go by following the same routine: I show up, prepare everything, Mori senpai shows up and listens to music, I talk with Haruhi and the twins, and then I play waiter at the end of the day.
I've actually started getting used to this routine, what I'm not used to is being flirted with. Lately I've been noticing that some of the guests are paying more attention to me than to the hosts.
Gently patting my shoulder, complimenting me, and starting conversation. It's all new to me.

Growing up kids called me ugly since I was really chubby and had acne, those punks made sure to constantly remind me I was ugly and that boys won't like me. Well jokes on them because now women flirt with me instead.

Anyways, I'm currently serving tea to Tamaki senpai and his table. Making small talk with one of his quests while I work.

"I forgot to mention this before but Y/n chan, why do you call Tamaki and Kyoya senpai?"

This catches Tamaki's attention too because he adds on to the girls question.

"Yeah that's a good point, why do you call us senpai? Don't get me wrong I enjoy it but still."

"You also seem uncomfortable when we call you senpai. Why is that ?" Adds Haruhi.

With the attention now being on me, I give the guest her tea. "Well I actually skipped a grade, I'm actually supposed to be a first year. Like Haruhi." I reply before turning to fix the snack cart.

"KYOYA!!!! YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS DIDN'T YOU!!" Tamaki shouts pointing his finger accusingly at the raven who's currently writing something in that creepy book of his.

"So what if I did? Why should I have told you?" Kyoya responds calmly, turning to face the blond.

Tamaki then proceeds to go on a furious rant about who knows what, and making frantic hand gestures.
He looks to be shooting fire from his mouth in an almost comical manner. I laugh a bit, amused by his shenanigans.

Turning to Haruhi and the twins I begin to ask them to not call me senpai. Explaining my reasoning to them.
Haruhi nods in agreement and the twins reply with a "Yea sure". They then resume with their host work and start to finish up for the day.
Once all the guests have left me and Haruhi start chatting about the guests. She tells me that despite the guests and hosts being draining she actually enjoys them.
Hani senpai comes over to offer us a piece of strawberry shortcake to which I happily accept.
We start eating and continue to chat when suddenly the twins come over to join us.

"You know boss, people seem to really like commoners huh?" Hikaru asks Tamaki.

"Yeah even the waiter has been getting a bunch of attention from them." Continues Kaoru, sitting down next to me.
Me and Haruhi look at each other not sure what to say, waiting for tamaki to respond. Tamaki in question looks to be in a deep state of thought, so we instead continue eating.

"Hey, can I have some?"

I turn towards kaoru holding my fork up to him, the piece of cake somewhat starting to wobble.
He seems taken aback by the gesture at first but soon leans forward to eat the cake. This continues for a bit until I notice some frosting on the corner of his mouth.
Instinctively I reach forward, wiping the corner of his mouth with my thumb.
His eyes widen a bit and I see a small blush start to form on his face, he looks away and I laugh in response.

"Y/N!!!!! YOU STOP FEEDING THAT NO GOOD DOPPELGÄNGER!!!"

Tamaki screeches, running over and grabbing the fork from my hand. Yanking a chair over he sits and starts shoveling the cake onto the fork.