Ch. 5: Married with Kids

Meanwhile in the United Magic Council building, Raine was working when they received a call.

"Hello?" Raine asked, answering their scroll.

"Hey, Honey, we have a small problem." Eda said.

"How "small" do you mean?" Raine asked, worried.

"Titanic." Eda said.

"Titanic" was their code for "destroyed house." Something Raine dreaded as they pinched their nose.

"How did it happen?" Raine asked.

"Titan Trappers, those guys that worshipped Collector." Eda said. "I'll explain more when you get home... but be careful."

"I will, I promise. I love you, Eda." Raine said.

"Love you too, Raine." Eda said before hanging up.

Raine let out a long sigh, sliding down in their seat.

'Life can never stay simple and peaceful, can it?' Raine thought before continuing their work. 'You're the one that married the mother of Gods, Raine... even if you had no choice in the matter.'

Even if Raine was a puppet when Eda drunkenly proposed to them during The Collector's "game," Raine didn't regret accepting it.

"Everything okay?" Darius asked.

"Define "okay?"" Raine asked.

"Is your house still standing or do you still have a home with that chaotic wife of yours?" Darius asked.

"It might be standing... but not without a lot of blood staining the wall." Raine said

"I'm almost afraid to ask how and why without sounding offensive since you're married to the Owl Lady." Darius said with a small wince.

"None taken. And the problem of having Gods as children, there's always those that want to either kill them, or use them for their power." Raine said, groaning some more. "A few morons found out why that's a bad idea."

"Ahh, I see. So cleaning up the mess?" Darius asked with a nod.

"Exactly. And don't get me started on the carpets." Raine muttered with a groan

You would think magic would help with that, but you'd be wrong. Some stains are just too stubborn to get out.

"I'm sure Alador has an abomination appliance to help with that." Darius said.

"I hope so." Raine said before getting another scroll call, making hem groan a third time before picking it up.

'Please don't let this be another bad news call.' they thought before answering.

"Hello?" Raine asked.

"Hello, Nini." Luz said with a nervous chuckle.

"Luz, Eda already told me about the house. I'm not going to tell her to let you out of your room." Raine said, somewhat relieved that their other daughter was the one calling.

"Oh, come on." Luz said, whining even as a young adult.

"Sorry, sweetie, but I know better than to argue with Eda on this." Raine said.

Raine hung up... only for another call to come up. They didn't even need to see the I.D. To know who it was.

"Catrina, I have already spoken to Luz and Eda, I will discuss this more with Eda when I get home." Raine said.

"..." Cat just hung up the scroll.

"Kids." Raine said, shaking their head.

They loved their kids... but they were getting a LOT of gray hairs from them.

And that was bad enough since their hair was already turning white and gray from age! They didn't need it turning gray faster from stress.

A few hours of working later*

They stood up and left the building, they had to get home soon.

"Come on, Red Tails. Let's go home." Raine said, summoning a red nine tailed fox palisman to their hand and turning it into a staff.

Raine quickly flew and landed in front of the Owl House. Just from the broken window, glass on the front lawn, and the dead Titan Trapper on the ground; Raine knew this was going to be a LONG night.

"Nini needs a drink." Raine said, walking inside.

Opening the door, Raine saw some of the mess was cleaned but most of it was still there. Such as giant blood stains on the ground, broken items, and turned over furniture.

"Eda." Raine said, somewhat loud.

"Kitchen!" Eda called

The second Raine entered the kitchen, Eda handed them a glass of apple blood.

"It's been a crazy day, I can say that." Eda said.

"Which is a normal day in this house but it's still VERY tiring." Raine said, downing the entire glass in one go.

"Yep... I doubt these are the only ones." Eda said, drinking from her own glass. "Which means that the Isles isn't safe for the kids to run around freely."

"Then what do you expect us to do? Send them to Earth out of the blue?" Raine asked.

"NO!.....Maybe to King's old tower in the boiling sea. We fix it up and make it livable in." Eda suggested.

"Eda, you and I both know they aren't just going to go along with it." Raine said, shaking their head. "Maybe we can send a letter to Skara? She can take them in?"

"Big problem, Skara hasn't actually responded to a letter in a long time." Eda said, "We don't even know if she's alive."

"She is, I know it." Raine said, "We better prepare for the worst with the trappers, who knows what else they have planned."

Elsewhere, the trappers were planning their newest attack plan, when the door opened, and the person in black walked in.

"Tolik cikila nagato." The said, before pulling their sword out, "Litis ciiloy!"