Ch. 12: Danger Is Near

At the Owl House, Luz and Amity were sitting in the living room.

Both of them had calmed down and watching the crystal ball, holding hands while they waited for their friends to arrive.

"I hope they get here soon, we need to talk about this." Luz said.

"Stop worrying. I'm sure they'll be here soon." Amity said before a knock came to the door. "See?"

Amity got up to open the door as Luz watched her.

"Amity, have you met me? I always get worried." Luz said.

"Not always." Amity said as she was greeted by Gus, Willow, Hunter, and Tracey. "Tracey?"

"In the flesh. Apparently, the Titan Trappers are after your human allies too." Tracey said as she walked past Amity and into the house.

"Great, just great." Luz said, groaning.

"Yeah, plus Masha is really pissed off so get ready for that." Tracey said.

"One tried to get us after the movies until Tracey took care of her." Hunter said.

"Bitch earned that." Tracey said with a grin.

"What about you, Gus? What were you doing before this?" Amity asked him.

"I was working on getting an internship at Eda's college." Gus said.

"An internship? For what?" Luz asked.

"For my expertise on Earth items. And I mean genuine expertise and not things I make up as I learn." Gus said, shaking his head. ""Since magic and Earth have collided multiple times, it might be a good idea for humans and magic to actually interact. I'm still working on some things."

"Like what?" Amity asked, closing the door.

"A sort of exchange program. Let some witches and demons explore Earth while bringing certain humans here to study magic." Gus said, revealing his plan and pulling out an idea book. "I don't have it all worked out yet, but it's getting there."

There was suddenly a new knock on the door.

"If I had to guess, that might be Vee and angry Masha." Tracey said, walking into the kitchen.

"Let me get the door, Amity. I've seen Masha angry before." Luz said, walking to the door and opening it.

To her surprise, it wasn't Masha or Vee but it was Cat, and Luz's adopted sister via Eda, Skara.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Luz squealed and pulled Skara into a massive hug. "SKARA! YOU'RE BACK!"

Her excited scream got everyone to turn to her, Cat, and Skara.

"Luz, it's good to see you and I love you like a blood sister, but you're crushing me." Skara said as she was experiencing Luz's titan strength once more.

"I don't care, I have a few years of hugs to catch up on!" Luz said, hugging tighter.

"Then can we do this AFTER I tell you what I know?" Skara said, groaning a bit.

"Trust me, Luz. This is really important." Cat said as she looked inside.

"I've learned something. Something big involving the Titan Trappers." Skara said.

Hearing that, Luz broke away and pulled them both into the house. She was about to close the door before Vee fly in with wings in her back.

"We're here!" Vee said, landing and undoing the wings. "And Masha is out for blood. We ran into a trapper along the way and-"