Ch. 7: Dine and Dash

Hours later, Eda had called down everyone from their rooms to eat dinner. Her and Raine had cooked a large pot stew with rice and sweet rolls.

'The kids are gonna love this.' Raine thought.

They came down and sat at the table. Luz knew she had to go to the human realm to speak with her mom about this stuff, because if she finds out about it and Luz didn't tell her... well... let's just say there will be one less Titan in the world.

'I should also ask how mom is doing with her titan powers. It has been a while since I've seen her use them.' Luz thought as she sat down at the table.

"Beef stew. My favorite." Cat said with a smile.

"We know, we thought it would be a good ice breaker. Now, I know today has been... eventful." Eda said carefully. "We're hoping a family dinner can calm everyone down."

"Calm some people down more than others." King comments, glancing at Luz and Amity.

"Shut up." Amity said to him, sitting next to Luz.

"Anyway, we need to talk about this, as it's clear this entire family is in danger." Raine said.

"Yeah, and? That's normal for us, baba." Luz said to them.

"And my life was never really that normal but I like it like that now." Amity said with a shrug.

"Well now it's a real threat." Eda said, bringing the pot to the table. "There are Titan Trappers all over the Isles, just waiting for the second you let your guard down."

"And all of your friends if they know that Gus, Hunter, and Willow are titans too." Raine added, bringing bowls to the table. "We're just very scared of what might happen."

"Eda, we can handle ourselves. Trust me." Luz said.

"And they have the same metal that nearly killed you three years ago! And that was just a knife!" Eda said, filling the bowls with stew. "They could have swords, spears, arrows, maces-"

"And we have all that in the basement." King said.

"Yeah but their weapons can KILL titans. We already have one dead titan, we don't need six more." Eda said, passing the bowls out. "I know you haven't experienced something this bad in a while, but this is serious."

"And we're just thinking about your safety." Raine said to them, bringing the rice and sweet rolls to the table. "Powerful as you and your friends are, you're not invincible."

"Everyone in this house is at risk, and we don't want anything to happen." Eda said.

Luz and Amity glanced at each other, thinking that maybe Eda and Raine had a point.

"Okay, you may have a point." Luz said.

"Thank you. Now, let's eat before the food gets cold. Then, we'll call your friends and explain things to them if they haven't been attacked already." Eda said.

That made their nerves spike again, as they realized that the others could've been attacked right now or the same time they were attacked!

Quickly pulling out her scroll, Amity called Willow and waited for her to pick up.

'Come on, Willow. Pick up!' She thought.

Nothing.

Nobody answered and that made Amity worried as she tried again, but just got nothing again! She even tried calling Hunter since she knew he was off of work at this time!

"Come on, Hunter!" Amity said but got nothing like Willow.

Amity was about to go run and check, but was stopped by Cat.

"They will see you coming from a mile away, I can go there." Cat said.

"But Cat!" Amity said before Cat forced her to sit down.

"I'll be fine. Besides, nobody will mess with me with this always out." Cat said, showing her hook hand.

Before anyone else could argue, Cat grabbed a sweet roll and ran out of the house.

"...Can I have her portion?" King asked, mid bite of his own bowl.

"No." Eda and Raine said.