Chapter 6: Stay With Me

Walking through the halls of my new school was daunting. My crutches against the tile floor echoed everywhere. I'm so busy trying to get to my locker that I don't realize my sleeve on my shoulder is falling down my arm. Finally, I reached my locker and grab my books. Leaning against the locker, I shut it and locked it, just as someone slammed me against the locker. I gasped and tried to fight back but it was no use..my crutches were thrown away from my grasp and I fell to the floor..

My whole body hurt as I walked as fast as I could back to my apartment. Tears filled my eyes and my outfit was messed up. It doesn't look like Cassandra is back yet. I sighed and went into my apartment, thankful that my aunt and uncle aren't back yet. Sitting on the bed, I laid my crutches next to me and just sat there.. eventually, the dam broke and tears flooded my face. I covered my face and cried. The door opened and I tensed up.. but it was only Cassandra. She helped me stand up and led me back to her apartment. She helped me lay my bag down and helped me sit on her couch. I was shaking so much and I hugged her tightly, shuddering and crying.

"Shh, shh.. it's okay..shh.." she rubbed my back and kissed my head, hugging me tightly. I tried to speak but couldn't, just crying into her shoulder. I noticed she was wearing her EMT paramedic outfit, her black hair in a ponytail. "I have you, sweetheart.. I have you.. what happened?" I was still shaking. "Th..the boys at school they.. they trapped me.. assaulted me and..and.. touched me." I could barely get the words out. Cassandra froze.. "Th..they what?!" I cried again, shaking and breathing heavily. "Shh, shh, it's okay.. it's okay.. it's going to be okay. It's not your fault, Orchid, okay? It's not your fault." I nodded against her shoulder. She pulled back and kissed my forehead, looking into my eyes. "Stay with me, okay? Don't go back to your aunt and uncle..stay with me."

I nodded.. "Thank you, Cassie..thank you so much." Cassandra smiled and held me close, kissing my head. "You're welcome, Orchid..I won't let anyone hurt you again. I promise." I rested my head on her shoulder and my eyes closed. "Shh, lay down and rest, okay?" I nodded and laid down. Cassandra laid down as well and held me tightly. "I know we just met but..I love you, Cassie." I felt her smile and kiss my head again.

"I love you, too, Orchid.."