talking with the mentors

Amara's Pov

I was sitting in a chair with chains on my wrists, along with the other tributes, I felt my anxiety, but I shook my head trying not to show it. 

I looked at Terrance who seem to look at me with reassuring look, he seems notice my anxiety, 'it's ok'" he mouthed

I sighed quietly. I closed my eyes, not noticing a pair familiar eye staring at me with concern.

"in spite of yesterdays, tragic event, our president has decided that the games must go on., snow everyone in the capitol is unafraid of such acts of terror, to which end dr Gaul wishes you to preview the arena this afternoon, with your tributes." dean high bottom explain.

"Later this evening. there will be a special televised presentation of each tribute to our audiece, you know to get to know them, you'll have an hour to discuss credit." he said

he turns around "you may begin."  he said.

and just that the mentor talked with the tribute, "ok, let's start with your full name."  my mentor jack said.

"Amara, Amara star." I said softly.

"what's your age." he asked.

'13". I replied.

"do you have a family?" jack asked.

"I live with my mother, and three older sibling, two brothers and one sister." I said.

"I see so you're the baby in the family." he said with slight smile.

"I suppose." I slightly chuckled

"What about your father?" he asked.

my eyes widened at that, I sadly looked trying to prevent the tears from coming out. jack seems notice and frowns at me, but then his eyes realized something.

"he died, didn't he?" he asked with a gentle tone, 

some of the tear's stream down my face, sniffling, I wipe tears away I Looked away to prevent any more tears, I nodded, jack reach out a hand but hesitated.

he sighed "I'm sorry." he said in a gentle and sympathetic tone.

I sniffled, I nodded to him reassuring "I'm alright." I said quietly

"Any skills you're good at?" he asked changing the subject

"I'm good at shooting with a bow and arrow. my brothers taught me when I was little." I said

"that's good." he nodded.

I glance at terrane, noticing he's narrowing his eyes at jack, "seems like your partner doesn't seem to like me and my sister." jack said.

"Sorry, it's just that Terrance hates capitol, he thinks that everyone in the capitol are monsters." I spoke.

"I'm sure you think that way too." jack said.

I shook my head "no of course." I said

the red headed boy seems to be taken back at what I said. "Why?" he asked.

I sighed, a sweet and gentle smile playing on my lips. "I believe that not everyone in the capitol is bad or monsters." I said.

jack was shocked then suddenly a small smile formed on his lips "well I'm glad you don't think that way about us."  he said.

I nodded, I then glanced at mizzen, who was looking at me worried, I gave him a reassuring smile, mizzen seem to calm down, the two of us stare at each other,

Jack seems to notice what I was doing, he clear his throat, making me looked away from mizzen, I look at jack.

"so, you need do something on television, make people like you ." jack said