39. Whenever Someone Randomly Appears From Spain, They're In Love.

Last night had to be a fever dream

I remember falling asleep (finally!) on the couch last night. Then I faintly remember strong arms lifting me up and carrying me to my bedroom.

Must've been Ricky.

When I woke up this morning though, Trevor had already left, and I felt more well rested than all of last month combined.

There were no bags under my eyes today, and I could actually eat breakfast today! (I won't.)

I woke up, smiling, mostly because I actually slept, and a tiny part of me was happy that Trevor had come to his fucking senses.

That meant I could get my fries back.

And maybe talk to him once in a while. Maybe.

I put on one of Ricky's old t shirts, and a pair of cargo shorts.

I looked so much like a boy that Em would force me to get a makeover from a professional.

At least it was better than the Australia shirt.

I went downstairs, my black backpack in my hands, and I ate a banana.

An actual banana!

That probably meant that Titans from AOT would attack, world war 3 would begin, North Korea would finally release all their nuclear weapons, and Pedro Pascal would die.

Catastrophes.

I took Em's keys and waited for her and Carlos in her car.

One of these days, I'd have to go get my car back. I hope I still remember how to drive. Don't need another world ending catastrophe.

Em and Carlos eventually came to her car, and Em looked like she was completely dead inside.

Even more than me.

She was wearing a light pink sweatshirt that had Riverdale plastered on it a shade of brighter pink, and a pair of ash sweatpants that probably also belonged to Ricky.

That doesn't seem too bad. Except for the fact that she was wearing Crocs.

Crocs.

She hates those things!

"Since, uh, when?" I ask, when she enters the car.

"Since, uh, now." She says, irritated. There were bags under her eyes this time. She covered them heavily with makeup but I could still tell.

"You cosplaying as Croki?"

"Who the fuck is that?" She snorts.

"You don't know Croki? The crocodile version of Loki?"

"Does he have anything to do with me?"

"Yes! He's the God of crocs!"

She gives me an unamused look and Carlos lets out a laugh he'd obviously been holding in since they got in.