51. Never Believe It When An Old Rich Man Asks You To Deliver Normal People Food

Can someone explain to me why I'm here again?

I was just at Neon thirty minutes ago, definitely not looking at the door four times every 5 seconds to check if Sapphire would walk in and demand for the fries I started giving her out of nowhere.

I don't know what's wrong with me to be honest. She's been walking through my mind on a normal now for the past three days.

Why? No idea.

Moving on, Davon had apparently gotten a call from some dude and said I should answer it because he was going somewhere.

So I did. Turns out it was this rich guy who made this totally ridiculous order for every fresh thing we had in the restaurant at that minute. At first, I wanted to call him out on his bullshit order, but then the price came.

It could probably pay for me and my children and my children's children's health insurance. Twice.

On that topic anyways, my mom's set aside her interior designing side job to face rehab full on. And it was expensive as hell.

So my cut of this huge amount of money is going straight to her once I get the check.

That was the only reason why I had agreed to deliver such a huge amount of food that I didn't even know the exact amount of what I was transporting. I just packaged all the burgers and pizzas and fries and everything else and chucked them into the boot of the pick up truck that'd been sitting idle at the back of the restaurant.

And now I'm here, in front of if not the biggest and most obnoxious mansion I'd ever seen.

The old dude literally had what I assumed was his initials emblazoned at the front of the mansion.

Who does that kind of shit?

Well, Sapphire could do that kind of shit. She's low-key insane.

Why do I kind of like that?

Anyway, I had been standing there, experiencing how it felt when Sapphire had described her retinas being burned for what I assumed was thirty minutes, till I finally found courage and knocked on the door.

Sapphire's weird friend Cameron pushed the door open.

"Um, do you live here or something?" I ask, sneaking a quick glance inside at the partying rich people and wondering if Sapphire was somehow inside there with him.

Just in case.

"Yes. Yes I do. What are you doing at my party?" He asks, nailing the snobby rich person voice.

"Um, if it's your party, them I guess you're the one that's gonna pay for the truckload of junk food I just br-"

"Two minutes."

The door slams in my face.

Fuck this. I should be arguing with Davon at Neon about everything under the yellow sun, including my apparent liking to Sapphire now.