1.4

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, your master of ceremonies, Caesar Flickerman!

Caesar: Thank you! Thank you! Welcome, welcome, welcome welcome to the 74th annual Hunger Games! Now, in about 5 minutes, they're all going to be out here. All of the Tributes that you've heard about. Are you excited? Let me hear it!

The hall looks at the screen in disgust.

-------- time skip --------

Cinna: Amazing.

Aster: I don't feel amazing.

Cinna: Don't you know how beautiful you look?

Aster: No. I feel ridiculous. Like a dressed-up doll. And I don't know how to make people like me. Even my sisters think I'm unfriendly. How do you make people like you?

Johanna and Haymitch look at each other. Aster brought a whole new meaning to the words 'hostile' and 'unfriendly'.

Cinna: You made me like you.

Aster: That's different. I wasn't trying. I came here expecting to hate everyone from the Capitol. Plus Haymitch. And I only half like him. It increases when he's sober. Which is pretty much never.

Haymitch just slumps back into his chair. The girl would never stop insulting him. The Hall laughed at Aster's insults.

Cinna: Exactly. Just be yourself, I'll be there the whole time. And just pretend that you're talking to me. Ok?

The Valkyries laughed. Back when they were all friends, when Aster was acting like 'herself', it usually meant she ended up arguing. Physically. Pretty much taking the chance to beat anyone up if they insulted her friends. When Mary explained it to Aster, she laughed, loving the tale of her old self.

Aster: Okay. But if I fail, I will say I told you so.

Cinna smiled at the screen. That moment was one of his favourite moments with Aster before his death.

-------- time skip --------

Caesar: Let's see if she does indeed shine. Let's have a warm round of applause for Glimmer! Glimmer, are you prepared?

Glimmer: Yes Caesar, I am very prepared.

Caesar: I like it, that's assurance, self-assurance. Big round of applause, Marvel!

(Marvel cheers)

The Victors boo. He may have died but he killed Rue.

-------- time skip --------

Caesar: Welcome Clove.

Cato: It's an honor to represent my district.

Caesar: So you're a fighter?

Cato: I'm prepared, vicious and I'm ready to go.

Caesar: Cato!

The Victors boo even louder (especially Peeta for trying to hurt Aster. R.I.P. Thresh.)

-------- time skip --------

Foxface (District 5 girl): I think that if I can apply myself to the situation at present, I will be able to figure it out.

Caesar: Thank you. Lovely to see you. Thank you so much.

The Victors don't boo her. She was innocent and didn't deserve to die.

-------- time skip --------

Caesar: Rue, so you can climb trees. You're pretty quick. And are you a hunter? Gatherer?