1.5

(in the hovercraft that will take the Tributes to the arena)

Attendant: Give me your arm.

Peter looks away from the screen, frightened of needles.

Aster: What is that?

Attendant: Your tracker.

Seneca Crane: All right. Less than a minute, people! Final checks.

Gamemaker: There are 15 out. They are flying.

(Aster enters the catacombs under the arena. She sees Cinna, and hugs him tightly.)

Cinna: Here. (he gives Aster her Tribute uniform) 

Marlene starts chanting, "BURN IT! BURN IT! BURN IT!" due to how ugly it was.

Aster: Thank you.

Announcer: 30 seconds.

Cinna: I'm not allowed to bet. But if I could, I'd bet on you.

Aster holds onto Cinna. It was the phrase that stuck with her throughout the second rebellion.

Announcer: 20 seconds. 10 seconds.

(Aster enters the tube that will take her to her pedestal.)

Gamemaker: Okay, they're in the tubes.

(Aster stands on her pedestal in the arena.)

Announcer: 50, 49, 48, 47, 46, 45, 44, 43, 42, 41, 40, 39, 38, 37, 36, 35, 34, 33, 32, 31, 30, 29, 28, 27, 26, 25, 24, 23, 22...

The victors all hold on to each other. 

"Time for the trauma to start," Johanna sang in an airy voice. 

The victors looked at her, creeped out. Haymitch told her, "That was fuckin' creepy."

(The timer continues to go down. When it hits 0, the gong sounds. All of the tributes run towards the Cornucopia, but many are killed. Aster grabs a backpack. Clove throws a knife at her, but she blocks it with her backpack and runs into the woods.)

Regulus curses and hands the five galleons to Tonks who smirks with triumph.

(As Aster ties herself in a tree, the sound of a cannon is heard.)

Caesar Flickerman: And, of course, there's the familiar boom of the cannon, which marks the end of another fallen Tribute.

The Hall looks saddened at how he said it so casually, as if forcing children to kill each other should be encouraged.

(Aster gets water and makes a weapon, then ties herself back to the tree. She hears a buzzing sound coming from a nest. When night falls, the anthem of Panem plays, and pictures of the fallen tributes are projected in the sky.)

(A Tribute is seen warming herself up over a fire, but the Careers show up and kill her.)

No one has time to cover their eyes.

Caesar: Well, that makes 13 gone in the first 8 hours. And Claudius, I think I see an alliance forming.

(The Careers are laughing and running past Aster's tree.)

Aster's friends and family suck in a breath, praying for the girl. Of course, they all forgot that they were watching the past and that Aster was sitting in the same room as them.

Marvel: Did you see the look on her face?

Glimmer: How stupid can you get?

Marvel: A fire?