The Fun War

In Level 52, the echoes of screams and the heavy scent of fear filled the air, creating an atmosphere of absolute chaos and terror. The relentless onslaught of partygoers attacking us left me paralyzed with fear, unsure of what to do next. But amidst the pandemonium, one thing became clear - I had to find a way out, no matter the cost.

The urgency of our situation was heightened when a wounded partypooper burst into our classroom, collapsing to the floor in agony. Clutching his neck, his face contorted with pain, I couldn't help but be horrified by the telltale bite mark that marred his skin. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks - the partypooper's bite had infected him, transforming him into one of them.

As the partypooper's groans turned into an eerie, prepubescent voice, a surge of adrenaline coursed through my veins. I knew I had to act quickly. Pushing past the other partypoopers, I sprinted towards the nearest exit, desperate to escape the clutches of this twisted nightmare. But as I emerged into the open, my heart sank. The corners were teeming with wanderers, innocent souls who had been deceived by the false promises of the partygoers. They had been led to believe that the partygoers would provide them with a way out, but I knew better. The partygoers only saw them as expendable pawns in their sadistic game.

The sheer number of wanderers took me by surprise. There were so many, at least forty of them, forming a daunting army that relentlessly pursued us. The smoke from the partygoers' fog machines obscured my vision, but I could make out the glint of weapons in the hands of the wanderers. Knives, machetes, and even axes, they were armed to the teeth, ready to strike with deadly precision.

With a mix of fear and determination, I seized a discarded spear from the ground, its weight providing a small semblance of security. It became my lifeline as I sprinted down the dimly lit hallway, my fellow survivors close behind. However, our journey was not without sacrifice. One by one, my friends fell victim to the partygoers' relentless attacks, their lives extinguished in the pursuit of our escape.

As we pressed forward, some members of our group chose different paths, hoping to find safety. Their choices proved fatal as the sound of axes striking flesh and the cries of pain pierced the air, serving as a grim reminder of the dangers that awaited us.

With each passing moment, the partygoers' laughter grew more menacing, a chilling symphony of sadistic glee. They pursued us with an unyielding determination, their villainous intent clear in their every move. Desperation consumed me as I searched for any possible escape route, my eyes scanning the surroundings for a glimmer of hope.

Taking a sharp right turn, I found myself face to face with a wanderer. Expecting a partygoer, I braced myself for the worst. "Fell right for our trap, did you?" the wanderer sneered, their voice dripping with malevolence as they put their hands around my throat. To my surprise, the wanderer seemed less interested in killing me than in delivering a villainous monologue. It was a momentary reprieve, and I seized the opportunity.

Summoning every ounce of strength, I reached up and gripped the wanderer's wrist tightly, forcing their hand away from my vulnerable neck. But the wanderer fought back, their desperation matching my own. In a sudden and unexpected move, they produced a knife and swiftly drove it into my vocal cords.

A scream tore from my lips, mingling with my desperate cries and uncontrollable sobs. But instead of fear, the sound of my agony only seemed to delight the wanderer. Their laughter echoed through the air, a chilling reminder of the sadistic pleasure they derived from my suffering. Tears streamed down my face as I clutched at my wounded throat, struggling to catch my breath amid the blood that gushed from the wound.

Determined not to succumb to my tormentors cruelty, I summoned every ounce of strength within me. With a surge of adrenaline, I reached for the knife embedded in my throat, ignoring the searing pain that intensified with every movement. Gripping the hilt tightly, I pulled it free, a mix of relief and agony coursing through me.

Fueled by a primal instinct to survive, I seized the opportunity to fight back. The wanderer's twisted grin faltered as I thrust my spear into their stomach, the weapon finding its mark with deadly precision. Their eyes widened in shock, a gasp escaping their lips before their body slumped to the ground. The battle was won, but the war raged on.

The victory was short-lived as the sound of approaching partygoers reached my ears, their raucous laughter and boisterous chatter growing louder by the second. Panic gripped me as I realized I had to act swiftly to evade their clutches. With a quick glance at my fallen adversary, a plan formed in my mind.

Without hesitation, I dipped my fingers into the wanderer's blood, smearing it across my body in a grotesque act of disguise. The metallic scent mingled with the stench of fear, creating a macabre camouflage that I hoped would deceive the partygoers. I lay down on the cold, hard ground, holding my breath, feigning death as the approaching footsteps drew closer.

My heart pounded in my chest, nerves and anticipation intertwining within me. The partygoers' laughter filled the air, their footsteps growing louder as they neared my location. I fought to keep my body still, to control the tremors that threatened to betray my ruse.

Time stood still as the partygoers passed by, their voices fading into the distance. Relief washed over me as I realized they had fallen for my deception. I waited, motionless, until the sound of their footsteps disappeared entirely, signifying their departure from Level 52.

With caution, I rose from the ground, my muscles stiff from the prolonged stillness. The weight of what I had just experienced settled upon me, a heavy burden that threatened to crush my spirit. But there was no time to dwell on the horrors I had witnessed.

I swiftly gathered my belongings, packing a bag with essential supplies and provisions. Each movement was precise, fueled by a sense of urgency and a burning desire to escape this nightmarish level. I cast one final glance at the room that had been the backdrop of my struggle, promising myself that I would never forget the atrocities committed within its walls.

•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•