Orange Sherbet [Kim Taehyung]

We boarded the plane to South Korea. This was it, I would be leaving everything behind. My old life, my old friends, the country that I was born in. My parents had decided to move to South Korea for a while, it was due to my dad's work placement. Lucky for him since he was Korean and would be going back to his home country after so many years.

It was harder for my mom and I. We had never been to Korea before so this was our first time ever. I felt more sorry for my mom because she spoke little Korean; she could communicate with someone but with difficulty. My mom was fully Spanish which meant I was half Spanish and half Korean, unusual mix I know.

My parents had a love marriage. My dad came to Spain for his studies, he met my mom at university, they fell in love, got married and out popped little old me. My dad only spoke to me in Korean so I became fluent in the language, much to my advantage.

"Appa," I called out to my dad in front of me, "I want the window seat please." I smiled sweetly.

"Ah, arasso arasso."

He let me go in front of him and I grabbed the seat excitedly. I mean who doesn't like the window seat right?

The plane was in the air for an hour now, I snapped another picture with my digital camera, of the clouds outside the small window.

It would take another few hours before we landed in South Korea. I decided to get some sleep since we woke up quite early to get to the airport.

"Liza, wake up." my mom shook me awake. I opened my eyes sleepily.

"Mom, let me sleep please just five more minutes," I groaned.

"This girl," my mom said irritatedly. "We're going to land very soon, theres no time for sleeping now," she persisted.

My eyes shot open as I realised I was in an airplane. I looked out the window and saw what looked like a million stars scattered on the ground. They were lights when I looked more closely, we were right above South Korea now, so close to our destination.

"Isn't this exciting?" my mom peered over my shoulder and I turned to look at her dimly.

"The only exciting thing was sitting by the window and I was asleep half the time." I rolled my eyes.

My mom gently pushed my head. "Stop being such a crybaby."

"I wouldn't if you guys didn't drag me along," I said rubbing my head. "I could have stayed with Grandma," I moaned.

"You'll really like it here," my dad said endearingly.

I squirmed and stomped my feet in my seat like a child, furrowing my eyebrows.

It had been four months since we arrived in Korea. I started school in the second month we arrived so I've settled in. I put on my blazer as I got ready for school then headed out into the dining room to have breakfast with my parents.

"Good morning, Appa, Omma," I called as I pulled the chair out and sat down.

"Good morning my love." Mom placed a plate in front of me and I reached out to grab some food.

My dad looked up from his iPad which showed the stock markets. He was always busy nowadays and we only caught each other at breakfast.

"Morning, Liza." he smiled up at me and turned off the iPad. "How is everything in school?" he questioned.

"It's fine, good," I said as I munched on toast. "I made a friend and she's really nice," I carried on.

"That's brilliant, you should invite her over sometime!" he beamed at me and I nodded finishing off my last bite.