I Need You [Park Jimin]

"You better stay away from him, little girl," she threatened me.

"I've done nothing wrong," I said defiantly, crossing my arms.

"It's because of you, a pathetic excuse of a human being that he is like this. If it wasn't for you, he would be putting his all into ice hockey. You know better than anyone that his future depends on it." my boyfriend's mother hissed at me.

I flinched as her words struck me. I knew them to be true deep down. I lost my resolve and stared up at her. She could tell that she was getting to me-breaking me down.

"Make a wise choice and no one gets hurt," she warned one last time before storming back into the stadium.

I went back in after a few minutes. I placed my hand on the glass and searched for his familiar figure. He wasn't hard to find since he was looking out towards the crowd, looking for me.

When he noticed me he gave a small wave and I waved back. He slid over the ice towards me. I quickly wiped my teary eyes and plastered on a fake smile. He placed his hand on the glass and I placed mine against his. I felt his heat even through the thick pane, or maybe I had just memorised his warmth so well.

Jimin grinned at me before signalling towards the ice rink. I nodded and he went back into the game.

I looked over my shoulder and saw his mother watch the whole thing play out. She looked at me disdainfully and I turned back around.

If it was his future in concern, I didn't want to get in the way of it. His mother had made it very clear that I was not not his future. I would only break him down and make him lose himself. He needed to impress the scouts for him to get accepted for a scholarship. I would make sure he got it.

-after the game-

I saw him talking to his mother after he came out the changing rooms. They were having a heated discussion and his mother shook her head as he put his hand on her shoulder and gave her his common smile. She sighed and nodded then left for the carpark.

He noticed me waiting by the toilets and came over with a huge grin on his face. I took in a deep breath and let myself be just me, for one last time with him.

"Hey, there you are." he smiled at me and bent towards me for a hug. I smiled back and put my arms around his strong waist. "What did you think of the game?"

"Do you even have to ask?" I teased, "you did great of course! If those scouts don't pick you I will personally go harass them." I grinned up at him.

He laughed and pulled me back into a hug, his head resting on my hair. I fought off the tears that were threatening to spill.

He walked me back towards my house. We walked in comfortable silence. His hand gripped mine and his thumb rubbed the back of my hand mindlessly. This would probably the last time I'd get to hold his hand.

He stopped suddenly and I realised we had reached my house, too soon to my disappointment.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" he asked again. We had made plans to go out to the cinema and the restaurant afterwards.

I shook my head in agreement and smiled at him. I hated myself for lying to him.

He grabbed both my hands and brought me closer to him, leaning in for a kiss. I panicked and without thinking turned my head to the side so his lips brushed against my cheek instead. I pulled back and smiled uncomfortably as he looked at me confused and slightly hurt.

"You should get some rest," I pushed his shoulder playfully and he trapped my hand against his chest before bringing it up to his mouth and placing a light kiss on the inside of my wrist. I shivered involuntarily like always whenever he did that.